[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My neighbors all seem to hate me and go out of their way to snub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: happy-neighborhood-59.jpg (115KB, 514x402px) Image search: [Google]
happy-neighborhood-59.jpg
115KB, 514x402px
My neighbors all seem to hate me and go out of their way to snub me. What can I do? I feel like if I try to be nice I'm an easy target, but if I try for some kind of turnabout I'm just perpetuating a bad cycle. I know it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to feel more at ease in my own damn neighborhood.
>>
>>17569376

you ask this every month, so apparently you dont take our advice or it isnt wokring so stop asking
>>
>>17569435
So now I've been snubbed by the board. Oh the irony.
>>
Have you considered just opting out of the neighbourhood meme?

I live in an apartment. I should know every one on my tiny floor, but I couldn't tell you one of their names. Know why? Because I don't give a fuck, there's no reason to know them, I have my own life with my own friends and family. Also how do they 'snub' you? How are you an 'easy target'? These people just live in proximity to you, that literally means absolutely nothing
>>
>>17569471
They give me dirty / weird looks. They mock me. They talk shit about me when I'm within earshot. But they never talk to me directly. It's like I offend them by existing.
>>
>>17569520

Oh, you're probably just mentally ill 2bh. I'd get that checked out
>>
>>17569523
The whole world is mentally ill.
At least I'm not an asshole to others for no apparent reason.
>>
>>17569534

Maybe you are. For all I know you perceive these people as being awful to you when in reality they've never wronged you at all.
>>
>>17569537
Maybe. But probably not.
>>
>>17569544

What's more plausible? A bunch of strangers that hate you for existing near them for no reason, or you being paranoid?
>>
>>17569548
I think I know why they dislike me, it's just not a VALID reason, i think it's malicious gossip, and i'm pretty sure i know who.. But shouldn't adults make their own character judgments, based on first-hand experience? I take what other people say with a grain of salt. Geez, it's like I'm still in high school.
>>
>>17569557
So, what do you think the reason/gossip is?
>>
>>17569567
I had a bad experience with a guy a few doors down. Nothing illegal or immoral, just a personality clash. Based on how I'm treated, i wouldn't be surprised if he told everyone i was some kind of monster.
>>
>>17569580

I'd say just follow this guy's advice: >>17569471

Pay your rent, mind your own business, and don't bother trying to break into their little clique. Don't try to make friends.

If they start outright harassing you, then you can deal with that problem as it develops. But they don't HAVE to be friendly to you, even if they're being petty and childish
>>
>>17569548
Had this is in highschool, combination of weed/adhd pills, paranoia, anxiety, and low self esteem.
I would walk by people and always think they were talking/laughing about me, shit sucked.

I also was scared to look their way when I thought they were talking about me, felt ashamed or something. Nowadays I always look at people, I think it was like my first step of getting over it and I just kept doing it, it's also fun.
>>
>>17569602
Do they ever stare at you like you have two heads? I get that sometimes.
>>
>>17569580
So if you care so much, why don't you walk up to them, say hi, make some small talk, explain what happened, and then be bff's with your neighbours.
This isn't rocketscience.
>>
>>17569618
For one, they avoid me like I have the plague. And the few times I've tried to politely engage them, they seemed highly uncomfotable.
>>
I know, I'll become like spongebob in that one episode where he becomes a'ssertively nice'. That should do the trick.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.