[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Interview Skills?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1473212279587.jpg (210KB, 1278x2170px) Image search: [Google]
1473212279587.jpg
210KB, 1278x2170px
I literally can't get even the shittiest of jobs because my interview skills are so poor. What the fuck can I possibly do about this?
>>
Easiest way to git gud at interviews is to do more interviews.
>>
>>17569045
What if you don't even know what you're doing wrong?
>>
>>17569050
if you don't know what you're doing wrong, how do you know it's your interview skills?

and how shitty of a job are we talking here? do you mean like fast food? look at the mouth breathers working in the back at mcdick's. do you think any of them have interview skills?

forgive me if this sounds patronizing, but have you googled stuff like "common interview mistakes" to see if any of the things on the list are things you do?

if you're really sure it's your interview skills, then you need to either do more research into how to do interviews, and/or do more interviews, and/or take every opportunity to learn how to bullshit convincingly. not out-and-out lie, just bullshit. there's a difference. learn how to say stuff in a way that is true but makes you sound good. and it has to be believable. friends and relatives make good practice dummies for this.
>>
>>17569066
I don't know what I'm doing wrong as in, I'll be told that the job is mine all I have to do is interview, etc. Then I'll interview and never get a call back. This has happened to me several times. And yeah, I've looked into that sort of thing and the only thing I can think of is at the end when they typically say "Do you have any questions for me?" I'll usually decline and say something like "I think we covered everything" because I usually ask questions as we go along.
>>
>>17569066
And by "shittiest of jobs" I really meant like second tier shitty jobs. I'm confident I could get a job in fast food, I just don't want to.
>>
>>17569042
Im going to tell you a brief advice, but first you need this:

>Basic social skills
>Average self steem.

Now, what i do, is to look for shitty jobs that i dont want that are FAR AWAY from where i live (so i cant be recognized), and i just practice; Ive been completely frozen, been so nervous, ive sweated fucking lakes and THAT my amigo is what learning is, before you start looking for good jobs you must learn at what you should not do.

Dont be afraid of being nervous, it wont last long.

And remember: Man up you faggot.

Sincerely, the Mexican
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.