[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently got my first speeding ticket and I'm curious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1465020303428.gif (3MB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1465020303428.gif
3MB, 580x326px
I recently got my first speeding ticket and I'm curious how it works. I was going 40 over but the cop reduced it to 29 over. I read that if you try to fight an already reduced ticket it can backfire on you. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions to what the best method to take would be? I mean I'm more so concerned about the demerit points and not the fine itself.
>>
>>17568425
Speeding ticket is not that big of a deal on your record, just pay it.
>>
>>17568425
How about you not be a faggot and just own your mistake?

Also, where are you going that you need to do 40 over?
>Answers I will not judge you for: empty stretch of highway, you had someone dying in your car

Otherwise, get fucked in court
>>
>>17568425
If it was already reduced then you might just have to pay it. You're right that the demerit is more important.
I got a ticket reduced to an improper equipment charge, no black mark and paid the lawyer a bit more than the ticket itself. Would have ended up paying more than that due to the insurance spike. That said my speed was not reduced, so you'll have a different situation.
Ask around, if you have a lawyer friend that helps too.
>>
>>17568466
I'm not saying it's an excuse I was in an unfamiliar area that went from an 80 to a 50 quite suddenly and I didn't slow down quick enough.
>>
>>17568529
Bullshit

Or if you're actually telling the truth, then fight the ticket, cause you can't get ticketed in close proximity to a speed zone change
>>
>>17568536
Why would I lie? The only reason I'm asking is because this is first ticket and I have no idea what to expect.
>>
i got one similar to that. the cop reduced it so i could take traffic school and get the ticket removed from my record, so thats what i did.

traffic school is stupid easy, cost around $15 - 20 and took maybe a couple hours.
>>
>>17568425
Fight the ticket. Take it to court and try to have them reduce it to a "non-moving violation" because >>17568462 it IS a big deal. It goes on your insurance for 3 years. On average your insurance will go up 18-20% while its on your record. Sure the ticket isn't too much but look at it like this. Figure my insurance is $100 a month. 20% more is $20 additional a month for 36 months. 20 * 36 = $720, that's money that you could spend on literally anything else.
>>
>>17568571
Selling his too fast car would get him more money than that
>>
>>17568536
I mean, yes you fucking can, speed traps like this are set up on purpose all the time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.