[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Invite someone to lunch: bring and read a book... no big deal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 225x225px
Invite someone to lunch: bring and read a book... no big deal or inconsiderate/rude?
>>
>>17567810
Incredibly rude.
Why did you invite them if you don't pay attention to them?
>>
What if it's just your wife?
>>
Ridiculously rude. Wtf kind of question is this?
>>
autism
>>
>>17567817
It's even worse.
She is your wife, if you want to make your relationship work pay attention to her.
>>
>>17567810
why would you even invite someone and then do that? easy way to be hated by that person
>>
>>17567837
It's inconsiderate, but maybe he feels so comfortable with you that he feels he doesn't need to make conversation. Plus you're already married, he may feel he no longer needs to impress you or be romantic.
>>
>>17567861
Seems like it shouldn't matter if he's comfortable. If I tell him how it makes me feel, shouldn't that matter, if he's comfortable and I'm not.
>>
Honestly depends on the relationship. A girl I like is big into books and got me into some of Steven king's gunslinger series. This is the type of person where you would most likely both have something to read and just genuinely enjoy being in the company of each other's presence.
>>
>>17567861
Is not about being romantic, it's about not being an asshole
>>
>>17567927
And I love to read but didn't have a book as I was just on a work lunch break.
>>
>>17567927
My boyfriend loves reading.
We stay at home and read almost every night, he even reads me to sleep every night since we met.
But if we go out together, it is to stay together.
>>
How is this any different than than texting.
>>
It is smartphone tier awful (aka the worst) , unless you're both reading and analyzing the book.

>>17567817
I got my husband into Alistair Reynolds sci-fi and we will sometimes point out a different part on our smartphones if talking about it at the date/dinner. But other than that, all distraction is off the table unless it is a pressing need like an emergency phonecall from work or immediate family.

And we love it. We talk, enjoy the food and alcohol and atmosphere more, and have a more coherent memory. >>17567927
Cannot stress enough that it is only relevant if you either went out with intention of discussing the novel or have it conveniently on a device to whip out on a whim while talking about a certain part.

You can talk about that in private or at the home instead of out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.