[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1473603537265.jpg (170KB, 1110x774px) Image search: [Google]
1473603537265.jpg
170KB, 1110x774px
How do you apply for jobs?
I don't have a lot of experience and I'm not applying for anything big, just standard highschool/college student tier jobs like working retail, fastfood and so on.

One advice I was given was to wake up early and go to each individual shop when they're just opening up and ask to speak to the manager, then hand them your CV.
However, I've heard conflicting advice that the above approach is considered "rude" and that they just throw your CV into the bin.

Going to do the manager approach tomorrow but fairly anxious about doing it.
I'm also sending out applications online and signed up to a recruitment agency.
>>
>>17567597
nothing wrong with doing it in person but in my experience alot of times they'll tell you to fuck off and apply online.

i use job boards online to find work
>>
>>17567597
Depends where you live. Region?
Overall recruitment and temp agencies are very good, just be open to your recruiter.
>>
Ive gotten hired applying to a companies website when they were hiring and also by seeing a help wanted sign in person and being lucky enough to see the owner.
Its best you walk in a store that interests you. If you have a car it helps, but you can still convince an employer that you can make the distance.
You go in and ask if they are hiring or if you can get a job application to fill out. theyll say, oh we need help now and are doing interviews stand by and well get you one. or theyll hand you a piece of paper and a time to come back or they'll say apply online.
A lot of companies might not have a store front to walk in to, but find a way to apply. If you know of a local business there should be a way.
>>
>>17567597
It just depends on the owner/hiring manager. It certainly wouldnt hurt you but at worst wont help bc some dumb 20 year old hr bitch will just out you in the stack.

If you are having trouble after awhile just make up shit about working for companies that went out of business and have a friend agree to pretend to be a former boss

After your first job you wont have to lie anymore as long ad you arent lying about life saving skills or something like that it doesnt matter
>>
File: 1473802917348.jpg (36KB, 600x499px) Image search: [Google]
1473802917348.jpg
36KB, 600x499px
>>17567597
They don't do applications in person anymore. Everything is online, or you use a computer in-store

My advice: Don't be picky. Use Monster.com or Snagajob (or some other online job site) and apply to everything in your area, then increase the search radius over time. If you don't get a reply, call them and ask if they got your application. If you get nothing after 2 weeks, you prob didn't get the job

Apply to jobs that are always open. Pizza delivery is good, or at least in my area. UPS and FedX are always hiring, especially since the holidays are around the corner. Grocery stores and some retail stores are good places to look for, but not always open. Publix is good if you live in the South

You will get rejected over and over again, but you will inevitably get called for an interview. It took me about 1 month of applying places to get a job.

Then it takes about a week or two to process your app. Sometimes, it only take like 3 days.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.