[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never had much of a social life in elementary through high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image_37.jpg (138KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
image_37.jpg
138KB, 1033x798px
I never had much of a social life in elementary through high school. My parents sheltered me a lot. I talked to a lot of people and hung out during school hours every day but after school I would always be at home playing video games. Parents wouldn't let me go out past 8:30 all through high school. I hung out after school a few times. Like less than 20 all through high school
I always told myself I'll come out of my shell in college, I'll move out and I'll be able to make freinds and go out and meet girls all I want since I have no parents to make me stay home and watch siblings and shit. I recently decided to get fit and have been making great progress so far and started dressing better to prepare for an actual social life. I have grades good enough for in state schools and wanted to go to Rowan and dorm. But now my father is making me commute to Montclair and won't let me dorm. Hes gonna make me live at home. I honestly don't think I can do it. The loneliness is unbearable at times and thinking about all the kids my age who are out on their own partying and making great memories while I stay home and babysit my 5 year old sister is devastating. I barely remember high school because all I did was stay home and do nothing. I hate my situation right now. Everytime I ask my dad why he tells me college is for studying only and when I explain to him that I want a social he life he tells me thats irresponsible and that's why I can't go. What should I do??
>>
Ask him if it isn't even more irresponsible to not go to the best college you can go to just so you can live at home.
>>
>>17565437
He thinks Rowan and Montclair are on the same level
I think Rowan is a little better but he thinks it's shit for some reason
>>
Tell him that you'll never be able to get a job if you don't get a chance to work on your social skills.

This might be a bad idea, but you could also try telling him that you'd rather go straight into the work force than go to Montclair? (If he calls the bluff, then the social life part might be fixed in a way, but you've got a new, possibly bigger problem)
>>
It's your life. Go to the school you want and pay your own way. They can't force you to stay. It sounds hard and I'm sure you love your parents, but you have to take your life into your own hands. If you can't afford dorm, hey a condo.

They can't hate you forever for moving out. Really make it clear that you want to go to the best school you can and are a responsible adult. Try not to bring up socializing. If you can take your life into your own hands, this will eventually become all a thing of the past.
>>
Are you Asian?
>>
>>17565464
He can't just come up with money to pay for college and a house like that. He'll need to work years before that.
>>
>>17565476
i don't know if op has the grades for scholarship, but if he does a part time job could be enough to pay for room and board?
they might require the money up front, but i'm sure you could negotiate that with them
>>
>>17565482
I don't know how the economy is over there but over here it's hard enough to land a job as a youth let alone have it pay for room unless you're splitting room with other people. Especially as a part time job.
By the way, as a question to the yanks, how hard is it to meet people if you're not living in campus anyway?
>>
>>17565471
Yeah :/
South Asian tho
>>
>>17565482
No scholarships and can't get hired which is a another problem for another thread
>>
>>17565502
apply to both, do your best to sabotage the montclair application

you get rejected, dad reluctantly lets you go to rowan
>>
>>17565511
That seems like kind of a shitty thing to do
But Rowan has a higher acceptance rate than Montclair so maybr
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.