[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dating a woman with kid(s) So I'm an oldfag, like not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1464034773759.jpg (46KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
1464034773759.jpg
46KB, 500x623px
>dating a woman with kid(s)

So I'm an oldfag, like not an old old fag but at a point where most women in my dating pool have kids from previous marriages or what have you.

So I've been seeing this woman for a few month who has a kid, the dad is kinda in the picture, he's not a total dead beat but he's close. I really like my independence and if things get really serious I'm just worried that I have to deal with baby daddy issues of him being a dick about visitation rights etc etc.

I know the way of thinking is that if you truely love the other person this shouldn't matter but it kinda does. what's your take /adv/? Should I man up and bite the bullet and move forward or should I keep my distance?
>>
How old are you? I doubt your dating pool is as old as you think it is.
Personally, I'd rather be alone than take over for another father, so my advice on that wouldn't be helpful.

Don't call it manning up.
>>
actually i wanna ask ur advice. i live with my mom. guy across the hall in our building is about her age. sometimes i run into him and the skatepark and hang out a bit, hes cool. i asked him to buy some liqur for me and my friends. he said whatll you do for me i said i can give you money. he said i don't need money, but you might be able to help me out with something else. i said what and he said he wasn't sure and i should think about it.

im confused don't know what he means does he want to go out with my mom??
>>
>>17565419
I'm 31, like I meet women with no kids it just seems that a majority that I meet have a kid. This has become a factor recently.
>>
>>17565400
No
I mean what do you expect? You will always be on the side and never truly part of anyone's family, the kid has a mom and a dad so what are you good for?
What do you honestly think you are signing up to? You are signing up to accommodate everyone else both financially, emotionally and in every other way you will never come first and you will barely matter and at the end nobody will thank you or remember you at all
There is a reason stepdads are either made fun of or demonized, you always hear how amazing single moms are yet the truly amazing people are the men who marry the but you never hear it like that, you hear it like come on it's fun, it's easy, it's safe and when all of those fail it becomes come on there is no choice of come on stop being so selfish.
Being a step dad isn't fun or easy and its certainly not your duty or obligation, you are a man you don't need to have a stable partner or kids
>>
>>17565422
call the police.
>>
>>17565430
lol why??
>>
>>17565423
If you don't care about happy parents, you can still go down to 18 at your age. Early 20s are easily an option.
Do you actually care about this woman or do you consider yourself unlikely to get what would actually satisfy you?
>>
>>17565429
that's actually sobering. upon thinking of it, there had been times where dates were canceled because of 'daddy' issues so it's really not my obligation.

This is actually sobering advice and will make me think about this whole thing in a new light.
>>
>>17565438
i do care about her but the ex husband gets mentioned a bit too much for my liking where it gets on the uncomfortable side. I just brush it off but now that I think of it, do I really want to be putting up with this. She's affectionate to me but I can see that she also has to look out for her kid's best interest and the dad pops in now and then.
>>
I think that single mothers and single fathers are best suited. You can never replace or understand the care and challenges of a parent. The very fact that you are even asking, suggests that you should stop pursuing women with kids and date someone else. Also stop leading her on. The woman I am seeing was with someone for 5 years knowing she had a kid and then left her because he didn't want someone with a kid. I'm a single father so we are better for eachother anyway but it was still a shitty thing to do to her.
>>
>>17565432
He wants to fuck your tight little skater ass.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.