[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was looking for employment advice. I am seeking for a higher,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: associates-degree-diploma.jpg (22KB, 718x409px) Image search: [Google]
associates-degree-diploma.jpg
22KB, 718x409px
I was looking for employment advice. I am seeking for a higher, more reliable income.

What I have:
> AAS Degree (associates)
> Pursing accounting (Mon-Friday 6am-4pm)
> Valet 15hours/week X $10/Hour = $150
> Rest of the time is spent studying

The Problem
> My weekly expenditures are $260
Those are all mandatory expenses, I can not lessen these.

As you see, with my situation, I need a higher income and more hours. I do have an associates degree, and also pursuing Accounting. Please make suggestions on what I can do with my associates, where can I go?
>>
>>17562911
>Those are all mandatory expenses, I can not lessen these.
What are they?
>>
>>17562911
how do you not get tips as a valet? that should make up the extra 130 you're missing.
>>
>>17562911
OP here,

Forgot to mention, Valet is my job, and my income is $150 from that job. However, I have not gotten a paycheck in 2 weeks, and that is not acceptable.
>>
>>17562911
also if you have a car just be a pizza delivery guy, i made around 80-120 a night through wage and tips. working 3-5 hours a day
>>
>>17562917
Rent: $100
Food: ~$50
Commute: $40
Gas: ~$20
Insurance: $20
Utilities: ~$30

>>17562919
I valet about 8 cars a day, I make anywhere from $0-$40 a day. The rest is made up from the management to total $10/Hour.

Inb4, it's a shady/horrible company.
>>
>>17562925
Location (i.e. La, Chicago, etc.), Company?
>>
>>17562932
Do you live in the same city as your parents? Can you move in with them?
>>
>>17562945
No, I can not, I have been kicked out from my home ever since 2015. I was able to work more hours in community college and sustain my lifestyle paycheck to paycheck, however, since university started, it has been living hell.

Fyi, My credit card bill is a little over $ 2,000 at the moment. I have been paying the lowest amount they ask for every month... $25.
>>
>>17562932
again if you have a car do pizza delivery... you'll get better money and possible free or cheap pizza to eat which will cut down your food expenses or give you more food so you actually eat

or find a shitty restaurant job. less damage to car, possible tips and free food or discounted
>>
>>17562984
I will consider it. I will look around, do you have any advice on Chicago?
>>
>>17563027
lol nope, canadian here. americans generally tip more ill say that though
>>
>>17563039
To be honest, I was half expecting somebody to suggest something related to my associates degree. Is it really worth nothing?
>>
Dude how long does it take you to commute? You could buy a beater bicycle and commute on that, you'll save a lot of money. Definitely consider it.
>>
>>17563048
depends what its in but generally its pretty useless. but it helps if you're looking for a career that doesn't focus on academics.

we can get pretty decent jobs here with an associates if you have the proper training and volunteering ie: law enforcement and such but thats cause we lack a lot of ex-military like the states have
>>
>>17563067
part of your problem is you're committing so much to studying you cant look for a better job or even work more hours. maybe consider taking less courses ?
>>
>>17563053
My commute is 20 miles.
>>
>>17563074
I actually don't go to classes that much, they are just spaced out a lot. I messed up my schedule hard. (18 Credit hours)
>>
OP Here
I am off to bed, I have 5 hours of sleep tonight.. I will probably be posting this again tomorrow at around the same time... 10:30 PM Central time zone.
>>
>>17563081
well drop a class so you can work more or find something on campus you can work at in spare time between classes. starbucks is always hiring
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.