[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: fred.jpg (28KB, 470x336px) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
28KB, 470x336px
Before I start, I would like to state, I am aware I did something extreamly stupid but I believe my judgement was impaired. I will start with me. Im 29, my mom was killed a few years ago by her boyfriend. I have been pretty dysfuncional since then, but I along with my siblings, inherited a bunch of money. I put the vast majority aside for saving for retirement.

But I had a female friend that was going through an extreamly bad divorce, I know her husband beat her. She is not very intelligent, and was sounding suicidal after they slit up, but had not divorced. Well because her husband was witholding money and she had no job skills, I gave her 6400$ to help her with rent and legal bills, although I wrote a contract myself and she signed it, I dont know how leagaling binding it is. She repaid me about 1200$ then spent most of it on a boob job and is ignoring me now, plus has a boyfriend. I am still friends with her on facebook, but she ingores anything I message her, despite her posting stuff all day.

How should I deal with this? I would like my money back, but I can live without it. I was livid though because she posts stupid shit about how important integrity is. I kind of want to contact a lawyer, but I doubt the contract she signed would hold up, since I made it on legal zoom. Should I just let it go, since I was dumb enough to trust her in the first place?
>>
Anything in writing is legally blinding. Contact her again hinting that you need the money and that she is legally obligated to pay you back due to the contract, if she doesn't lawyer up and sue her.
>>
>>17459660
Go to an attorney and stop contacting her yourself. Let the attorney send her a letter. Great thing about letting the attorney handle it is they have no emotional connection and it's all a business transaction.
>>
Just lawyer up or accept you'll never see that money again. Even if you don't think it'll be legally binding, you can always show it to a lawyer and see what they think. Worth a shot. And if a lawyer laughs at you, you can keep trying to contact her and scare her I guess. But chances are she'll ask a lawyer herself too.
>>
>>17459682
attorneys cost money though. It's seriously not that hard to file a civil suit yourself.
>>
Thanks everyone I will do that.
>>
>>17459742
goddamn it. you handed her a shitload of cash so if you want to get it back use an attorney. Because you tried to do it yourself is exactly the reason you are in this right now.
>>
>>17459627
Well since she owes you around 5K you could always go to small claims court on Judge Judy, you get paid to be there and can humiliate her for spending YOUR money on a boobjob.
>>
>>17459931
televions sometimes does wonderfull jobs!
>>
>>17460014
... that's uh... some pretty interesting English there anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.