[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Got cheated on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1465791648138s.jpg (14KB, 217x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465791648138s.jpg
14KB, 217x250px
Hey /adv/, I got cheated on by my last boyfriend of 3 years and it has really fucked my view of relationships. It's been 7 months since we broke up and while I'm not hung up on him anymore, I don't know if i want to enter another relationship ever again honestly. I thought he was the one, I put everything into the relationship and he still cheated.

I'm at the point now where i'm pretty disillusioned with the concept of marriage and relationships in the first place. I feel like falling out of love or cheating on each other is inevitable, due to my experience and seeing other friends in longer standing relationships cheat as well. Am i wrong? does anybody else feel this way?
>>
It depends on what type of person you are getting into a relationship with. Some people are more likely to hurt you than others.

Unfortunately, cheating is a common way to exit (or conduct oneself) in a relationship.

Based on actual statistics, I wouldn't say that marriage or happy monogamy is completely hopeless. It is definitely a challenge.
>>
feelings aren't right or wrong, they just are what they are. and yes, it's pretty common to feel disillusioned after being betrayed. but betrayal is not inevitable. your personal experience is not an accurate reflection of the possible outcomes of a relationship. not everybody falls out of love. not everybody cheats.
>>
I suppose that's true. I thought my ex wasn't the type to do that, gave me every indication up until the last 3 months he wasn't that type, but i was wrong. I guess i feel like it just came out of nowhere, it was a huge betrayal of trust for me.But numbers don't lie, that is a little comforting
>>
>>17458787
numbers sometimes lie, but if that type of relationship is really one of your deepest desires, you can't give up

I guess you could try and play the game smarter, not when it comes to being in a relationship (don't go cold or manipulative), but colder and smarter when choosing the person to begin with. You have options, and who you choose to be with will have an effect of course.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.