[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Euhghhhhhh.jpg (10KB, 264x314px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Euhghhhhhh.jpg
10KB, 264x314px
Good evening /adv/. I will get to the point,:

>Be me
>31 years old, no college degree
>Security guard
> RIght now want to find a career path, unsure of where to go.
>Have "Friend", used to work with him, dislikes me due to me leaving old position for another.
>He is an unreasonable at times trying to be /fit/ man. Sometimes a bro
>RIght now I am thinking about trying school again, unsure of what to do, "friend" alreayd has Assco degree, likes to somewhat shove in face.
>Right now, it is am, I am unsure of what to do. Me and him had an argument, we are not on current speaking terms.
>>
>>17455892
>I will get to the point
Not seeing it. Are you asking for career advice or about the argument with your friend?
>>
>>17455892
Security guard is a great jig if you want to get a degree and can get the night shifts.
That would be the first step towards a career.
Or you could try and start a business of some kind. Or both, if your degree of choice requires it - don't go for Literature if you aren't already writing something and making money out of it!
>>
>>17455940
Mostly help with finding a career. The "Friend" thing is from it happening very recently when I left.
>>
any skills? professional interests?
>>
>>17455963
Well, I have some clerical background and call center work along with Customer service. No real professional interests sadly.
>>
Work as a maintenance tech for an apartment complex. They make good money. Work long enough (maybe a year or two) and get promoted to supervisor. Rake in the dosh then. They make good money.
>>
>>17455975
How does one start in the pursuit of that?
>>
>>17455892
>>17455892
Hey bro I am glad to see you are employed seriously. I've had difficulty maintaining a job over the years and I have a degree lol. I actually came here to ask a general question to this whole board but firs I'll ask you specifically, how did you get a job as a security guard? It's actually one of the top things I'm looking to get into considering I'm in decent shape for my age (26)? My other question is, what is a decent job that is low stress that pays good, but doesn't have ludicrously steep qualifications like having a bachelor's or a master's in something, college sort of irks me at this point and I'm almost afraid to get involved with University again because of the debt cycle. I'm getting a bit older and as it stands I don't see myself with a real future and I feel like I have 0 financial security at this point any advice is welcomed.
>>
>>17456048
It was really simple. I simply applied to a security agency that provided security training. IT was simple and took less than 1 month to land a security job.
>>
>>17456057
Okay, would you recommend unarmed security or armed security, because somewhere near me is hiring armed security guards and I have a gun license. Maybe it doesn't matter
>>
>>17456063
Unarmed to me, is easily the safest, however you can go for armed, since you have the license.
>>
>>17456040
Just apply at any apartment complex. Better yet, just call and they'll point you in the right direction. They are always hiring. I work in property management.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.