[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thrombosis-scare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: deep_vein_thrombosis.jpg (35KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
deep_vein_thrombosis.jpg
35KB, 500x292px
In the past few days I have a sting in my right lower leg, now after reading up to thrombosis I'm scared shitless...

I want to go to the Hospital in a few hours but right now it's in the middle of the night.

How can I get my head clear of this mess and maybe get a few hours if sleep?
>>
I'm too lazy to look this shit up myself, but I can direct you to do your own diagnosis.

First - what are the symptoms of deep vein thrombosis? I can't remember.
>>
No, Thrombosis is a very serious illness. If one of those clots move up to your heart, it will cause a hiccup and then greatly hurt you from the inside. You must go to the hospital ASAP first thing in the morning. Believe me, last time I had one, they had to do surgery on me.

Sorry anon, it's very serious.
>>
Hey man, dont get yourself worked up about something you dont even know. I freak myself out all the time because i think i have all kinds of weirds stuff every time i feel pain somewhere and the google it. And evidently im still alive. Try not to think about it, you cant do anything about it right now anyway
>>
>>17455419

>now after reading up to thrombosis I'm scared shitless...

Knock that shit off. You're not a doctor. Don't diagnose yourself.

>I want to go to the Hospital in a few hours

Then wait a few hours and go. The overwhelming likelihood is that you're fine. A stinging in your leg could mean a million things.

Stop googling and go see a doctor.
>>
File: 1470725272699.jpg (176KB, 2040x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1470725272699.jpg
176KB, 2040x1386px
>>17455425
I know, I want to do this, but I only want to have some sleep for tonight but my toughts are going haywire
>>
>>17455419
i remember reading that and i got scared too haha so i know your pain. honestly the best way to tell if you should be worried is whether or not youre obese.
>>
>>17455424
Thrombosis can have multiple Symptoms or none at all...

The symptoms can be:
A swollen leg
Stinging pain in the area
Fever
Veins showing on the leg

But none of them HAVE to show up for a thrombosis to be there
>>
>>17455437
Well, you just have 6 more hours to pass. Find some coffee, drink monster, and most importantly, add some salt to your red meat. It makes it taste so much better.

Actually, that's a bad idea, red meat will make you sleepy. Just drink some Red Bull.
>>
>>17455442
That's the pickle... I am, I mean, I' m not a landwhale, but certainly not 100% healthy
>>
>>17455448
Okay, what causes it? Are you at any elevated risk factors for it, like age, gender, physical condition, etc?

And after that, how common is it? Is it a very common issue or is it relatively rare?
>>
>>17455460
Most of the time either age or not moving enough or both

I am going to be 19 this month, but I am certainly a male couch potato, you know, gaming like probably 99% of all other people here

I were starting a jogging routine just because of this problem, just yesterday I jogged for half an hour for example
>>
>>17455460
Oh and it is fairly common I guess, that why you get an anti-thrombosis medicine, when you are lying in a hosotal for longer than one or two days
>>
go get yourself checked out, this could be bad

http://www.worldthrombosisday.org/issue/vte/

maybe this will help
>>
OP you motherfucker
My left leg has been feeling weird for the past 3 hours and thanks to you I think I'm gonna die
>>
File: fag2.jpg (82KB, 362x263px) Image search: [Google]
fag2.jpg
82KB, 362x263px
Sigh. OP is hearing hoofbeats, and thingking zebras when he hears horses.

You're describing the sypmptoms of muscle fatigue in your calf, OP, not a fucking blood clot.

Is your leg turning black, dumbshit? No. It's not. You have a sore calf.

Dr. Bob recommends you stop being such a faggot.
>>
>>17455563
Yeah right, my leg was already hurting before I went jogging

Explain that, smartass
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.