[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disabled, but wants to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 124493_0.jpg (62KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
124493_0.jpg
62KB, 630x630px
I'm 30 and I've been physically disabled for 5 years , but before the disability I loved being social and doing things outside, hanging with friends, etc.. When I became disabled I lost the ability to work and perform normal activities. The severe shift in lifestyle crippled my mind as well so now I'm anti-social etc. I live in PA and a part of PA where its mostly farm land with some small "cities" that are filled with undesirable people in many ways and this range extends across counties, but since the governmental housing I live in is here and my family lives in the area and they sometimes help take care of me I had to stay. In the years I lost friends moved away and life went on. I need help getting back on my feet and form a solid game plan while refining my mind again. Some ideas I'm hoping to get help with are like:

- simple jobs I could get
- ways to reintroduce me to society from isolation especially in a trashy area like I live in
- how to switch governmental housing to somewhere more desirable
- some desirable areas to live in
- literature or T.V. program I can look into that are interesting and can also help re-sculpt my adult mind again...not anime or cartoons that is part of the problem for me.

Some things I've tried:

- Seeking therapy, problem is all the therapists in the area I can travel that my insurance will cover seem to be very unhelpful and have no suggestions other than "making lists" and "be glad your alive" etc. Which I have tried many times.

- Psychiatric help, problem is they've put me on scores of drugs never help and only screwed me up more

- Online communities, problem is I can never seem to click with any

Thanks for the help!
>>
how are you disabled?
>>
>>17448184
Spine, neck, and leg damage. Mobility in almost all aspects is painful and very difficult. Uses cane and actually needs electric cart while shopping if that paints a better picture
>>
>>17448202
fug. idk bro can't help u. hang in there famalam
>>
>>17448225
No problem, thanks for your concern though, i'll try
>>
>>17447924
>simple jobs I could get

Have any aptitude for code monkey shit? Web design? Most of this stuff you can learn on your own, and you can possibly do some freelance stuff.

>literature or T.V. program I can look into that are interesting and can also help re-sculpt my adult mind again...not anime or cartoons that is part of the problem for me.

The movies Napoleon (1970) and Come and See (1985). The latter is horribly sad, but it might be cathartic. Try reading Andrew George's translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh.
>>
That's a shitty situation anon, I'm sorry
But it's great that you are motivated to start improving your life!

>simple jobs I could get
Check out mechanical turk.You won't earn much money, but some of the tasks are interesting when done in moderation.

>ways to reintroduce me to society from isolation especially in a trashy area like I live in
Realistically, if you have a lot of trouble moving, it's gonna be difficult to do some things. It's not very helpful, but try to walk a bit around and see if something or someone interests you. Try to develop a routine around that.

>how to switch governmental housing to somewhere more desirable
Without a well paying job, I'd probably put this on the side for now

If you have no problem operating a computer and have the right mindset, I would seriously recommend learning programming. If you're good at it you can get a rewarding high paying job and with the right employer you might be able to work from home

Good luck!
>>
>>17448253
I was actually into Web Design and Databasing before. Where would I advertise, Craig's List?

Thanks for the Lit/Movie ideas I'll check them out immediately

>>17448255
Thanks! I was kind of crazy after the first two years after I became disabled, but I decided to finally grab a hold of my life again!

Mechanical Turk? Never heard of it, I'll definitely check that out too

Good idea about the walking my PT says I should start doing that while it is still warm.

Definitely looking into the computer realm, problem is will they even want to hire someone like me. I could only imagine that even honing my skills they'd prefer someone more capable especially with the amount of pain meds I'm on, that doesn't mean I won't peruse it though. I'll start freelance and try to find someplace that is interested.

Thanks for all of the help anons this is all helping me start my life anew :)
>>
>>17448452
I'm going to keep this bumped for a little while, so I don't miss the chance to get some more ideas.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.