[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really bad to miss your sisters wedding? It's in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Jakabos_Zsuzsanna_Feet_1355441.jpg (1MB, 2425x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Jakabos_Zsuzsanna_Feet_1355441.jpg
1MB, 2425x3500px
Is it really bad to miss your sisters wedding? It's in a different country and I don't really feel like travelling/attending a wedding full of odd people (and all that in a language other that my own). I suffer from mental/physical health problems and I would be a nuisance more than anything else. Should I go? If not, how do I deal with the fallout?
>>
If you give a shit about your sister, you go and deal with it.

If you don't, you stay home and don't care she won't talk to you or your wife's son ever again.
>>
>>17446100
you said it's in a different country? that's a hefty price, fuck that
>>
If someone is holding a wedding out of the country and expects people to attend then they should be footing the bill for travel. Otherwise, they should be having ceremonies in both countries for each of their family and friends.

If they aren't paying your way and they aren't going to have another ceremony in your home country then you shouldn't feel too bad.
>>
>>17446100

basically this
>>17446197

how much time until the wedding? and what country?

one thing you could do is tell them your doctor is worried about your condition and recommended that you stay home. or if you want to really tell a fib, tell them you're on some med (just pick one that sounds plausible), you can't go a day without taking it, but it's illegal in that country and their airport dogs sniff for it.

if you're expected to pay your own way, just say you'd love to go but you can't afford it.

or you could just go but try to spend as little time around the old people as possible. it won't kill you.

regardless of what else you do, if you decide not to go, you should let your sister know you still care and would have liked to see her wedding. make sure you send a very nice present and a card. call her a couple days before (not after, she'll be too busy getting nailed by her ugly bucktoothed husband). when she posts her shitty wedding photos and videos on facebook, like every one of them. even the one where the audio sounds horrible and she looks like a walrus stuffed into a lace pillowcase. if you can't or won't be there in person, make every effort to be there in spirit.
>>
You can't be reasonably expected to make that kind of trip. She must have known beforehand that holding the ceremony in another country would mean that a lot of people couldn't come. Maybe that was even the point, a lot of people do that to get away a litttle and not have a giganric family affair of it.
Sucks to miss it, but that's life.
Tell her you won't be able to come. If she asks why, be honest. The trip is too expensive and your health won't allow it.
>>
>>17446100

You have to go, anon, if you can possibly afford it. I was in France for a summer program when my sister got married, flew back to the US for the wedding weekend, then back to France to finish the program. Why? Because that's what siblings do. Other people's you can miss, but immediate family you must go to, unless you hate them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.