[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>feel somewhat fearful of my father due to his spontaneous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Questioning #2.png (304KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
Questioning #2.png
304KB, 722x768px
>feel somewhat fearful of my father due to his spontaneous bursts of anger when something goes wrong
>he's a great dad and I know it would break his heart if I opened up about the fact that I'm always nervous around him due to his anger problems
>he's never laid a hand on me, so I don't know why I'm so cautious and nervous around him
>always trying to please him so he won't get angry
>he got so angry he threw a towel at me once, and I physically attacked him for it, and a fight ensued
>I feel bad about that all the time because he provides for me and the rest of the family and is loving

I don't know what to do, /adv/. He's always been like this, a loving and hard working but emotionally flawed father.

How do I get the balls to tell him that I'm sick of the outbursts now that I'm 18, though?
>>
File: 1464357686793.jpg (66KB, 688x547px) Image search: [Google]
1464357686793.jpg
66KB, 688x547px
>>17445452
>dad never laid a hand on me
>I started a fight with him
>I am afraid of him
>>
>>17445473
Well, I'm not really 'afraid' of him, just a bit nervous.

Yes, and I started the fight. But he never physically abused me. He's a good father with some anger problems.

He acknowledges his anger problems but I don't think he realises how much it has affected me mentally.
>>
>How do I get the balls to tell him that I'm sick of the outbursts now that I'm 18, though?

You don't. Play the game and get out of the house. Find a career that takes you away from his toxic ass forever. Don't warn him! Violent narcissists freak out.

Plan to save yourself, then save yourself.

>>he's a great dad and I know it would break his heart if I opened up about the fact that I'm always nervous around him due to his anger problems

Bullshit. People without self-mastery aren't "great". You are blinded by love like a child. You are 18, and it's time to grow up and make a life for yourself.

Be a man, now, and stay that way. Stop wanting childish things. After you escape, if he asks why you left, tell him from a safe distance.

Real men don't need their parents after they become adults. They may or may not interact with them but emotional dependence ends. I barely contacted my parents for twenty years after I left home. That may have been overkill in my case, but my life went on just fine and we reconciled later.
>>
>>17445503
Hmm. Saw the pink hair. Same advice applies if OP is female, with the added caveat that women need to KNOW they have daddy issues to control those issues.

Career. Do it. My wife escaped her toxic senpai by enlisting. Instant career, cunt friendly if Air Force, and she did very well.

Part of doing well was not getting sucked into her fucked senpaitachi orbit. Her brothers didn't escape my narcissist MIL, and she mindfucked them.
>>
>>17445513
how the fuck did 4chan turn "senpai" into "senpai"?

Japan is worth visiting but I'm no weeb.
>>
>>17445517
lmao desu senpai
>>
>>17445503
No, he really is a great father. He just has his flaws like we all do. Like I said, he never physically abused me, and he provides for the family and has always made sure my brother and I had what we wanted, and still does.

It's just that he gets angry very easily, like if something breaks, for example.

But the outbursts over the years have made me fear his outbursts-and therefore him-a bit.

I don't know how to tell him without hurting his feelings.
>>
>>17445513
Also, I'm not female. I'm male.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.