[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got my first ever job tomorrow. I'm 19, and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: CWyOC_TWsAAhixM_1_.jpg (61KB, 590x544px) Image search: [Google]
CWyOC_TWsAAhixM_1_.jpg
61KB, 590x544px
I've got my first ever job tomorrow.
I'm 19, and it's a part time job at a grocery store, but I'm nervous.
How do I deal with it? Do I see if I can push it back? There's manual labor required and I'm in the worst shape (not fat, severely underweight and weak)
I know it's natural to be nervous at a new job so how do you deal with it
>>
Dress well but not overly so. You don't need a suit to work at a grocery store.
They'll ask you some questions about the job or responsibilities, like do you cook, do you know fruits and shit, are you fine doing physical labor, etc etc

Just answer honestly, but NEVER put yourself in a negative. Never ever ever. If you don't know or have no experience, just say so but follow with "but I'm always happy to learn"
>>
>There's manual labor
It's just gonna be moving groceries and shit around.
>>
>>17445324
They said up to 50 lbs of stuff.
I can lift that but multiple times a day? I don't have the endurance for that
>>
>>17445330
I dunno, a lot of job descriptions list lifting 50 pounds of stuff. I think it's probably a disclaimer so people don't sue them when they break their back if they're really old. Most first-job jobs are probably going to list that.

If they ask, say you have no problem with it. On the job, don't lift more than you're comfortable with, like don't try and lift so much stuff that if you think you're going to drop/break/spill it. If it really is too much, you can quit.

Also, as you lift more stuff, you'll get used to it and it will get easier.

OR you can ask the interviewer about it, if you're really concerned. Or your supervisor if you get hired.
>>
>>17445330
>I can lift that but multiple times a day? I don't have the endurance for that

Quit being a little pussy. You'll be throwing around that shit in no time. You bring shit out on U-frames, cut open the boxes and but that shit on the shelves.

Hit the gym as well, you're in the prime for muscle building.
>>
>>17445330
50 lbs really isn't that much, it sounds a lot heavier than it actually is. Don't stress, if you act like you want the job they'll probably give it to you.
>>
>>17445307
>>17445307
I manage a retail pet store, that of which I got hired as a part time stock. Grocery stores are the same shit, but with different product.

Assuming its your first official day at the job, chances are someone will show you around, show you the operations, daily duties required of you, and maybe introduce you to some of the other staff. Most of what you'll be doing is packing out deliveries, straightening up the store, cleaning and maybe guiding customers in the right direction of the product they are looking for.

>How do I deal with it?
Just relax. As long as you are consistently improving you will be fine. If you need help with something or you are not sure what to do, don't be afraid to ask a superior.

>Do I see if I can push it back?
Absolutely not. It will look awful.

>There's manual labor required and I'm in the worst shape (not fat, severely underweight and weak)
I used to be and kind of still am overweight but I slimmed down a lot from when I started (roughly 225lbs, now about 190lbs). Not going to lie it was tough when I packed out truck; most bags of pet food are 20-40lbs and when you're getting in $18k+ of merchandise 2-3 times a week, its difficult. However, I'm sure grocery store work is not nearly as physically demanding. Make sure you bring lots of water and take your break!!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.