[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this even fucking possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: metal_gear_live.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
metal_gear_live.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>Be me.
IT, Automation, Electrical experience.

I want to work in the oil platforms in the middle of the sea, USA, Mexitacos, Iraq, Alaska? or even in fucking Nigeria? No problem, bring it.
Yes I would be working for the money, but I'm also really fascinated by the machines, automation, danger, remoteness, etc.

My problem is that all the websites I go to check for this kind of jobs, I need to be a rocket scientist with 20 years experience.

How do you anons earning 5k/week find this kind jobs?
When I read some of your posts, you make it sound so fucking easy, so I must be doing something really wrong, can you help me?
>>
what is networking?
>>
>>17445133
You have to know someone, I had one dumb ass Serbian classmate work in the UAE because his father's engineering buddy needed someone. The field was instrumentation which is a combination of all those three you mentioned.
>>
Really? That's so fucking unfair... not that surprises me though...

Let's see if I find a rich Arab willing to "network" with me on linkedin... fml
>>
I heard that in Oli Platforms buisness you always start from bottom and climb up to your full potential position because of how specific work is, they must make sure that even higher ups on platform learn basic while working basic jobs and only when they already know basics and how to of bottom workers they can move up to more advanced position. Probably that's why there is such a big requirement for kind of position you want. They are willing to employ someone on that position without learning basics earlier but only if his qualifications highly outvalue his lacking in the "basics on working on oil platform" skill.
>>
>anons earning 5k/week
For one, they're lying.
For two, the jobs you're looking at have such high requirements because you are responsible for a multi-million dollar oil rig, all the profits that come from said oil, and all the dangers entailed in handling that shit.

It's not something for some fucknose green to come play around with cause they think it's cool
>>
I didn't agree with you anon, because I think that yes, some offshore jobs need to be started from the bottom.
But it's not the case for electricians, instrumentation, maintenance engineers.

So I went to google and just found a really good advice given by Maersk to get a offshore job.

"If you have a trade background but no offshore experience, we recommend you first work for a service company, and then after gaining some experience, you will be more likely to be hired for a permanent rotational position with Maersk Drilling."

This is so fucking logic, that I feel stupid for not realizing this sooner.
>>
You get the positions by being a relation/good friend to someone who can get you a job there. Same as with high paying work on the motorways. It's all about who you know.

Sure you can work your way up, but someone who has contacts will always be favoured over you regardless of their capacity for the job. It's just the way the world works and isn't limited to any job, you'll find it happening everywhere.

As an example, I got my job working in a prison because my dad had been there years and was a high ranking officer. The interview was a joke and merely a formality.
>>
>>17445140
It's what you call IT when you want to use more letters.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.