[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to buy a car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/ I'd like to get a car in a few months since I'm going to college in 3 weeks and would like to know what to look and not look for when buying a car in general, but I'm pretty new to this so all advice would be appreciated!
>>
Go to >>>/o/ they can help you out better than any one on /adv/

For your first car get a used car, then when you start actually making money, you can get a new one.
>>
>>17443468
I'll go check it out right now, thanks for the help anon
>>
>>17443468
/o/ is great if you want memes about ecoboost. I'm a mechanic op, can help you if you wish, and won't meme you to death. What info do you need?
>>
>>17443487
I just wanna get a good car in general, you know, not too old, looks and runs okay, but of course not too pricey. The problem is that my budget will most likely be about $1500 so while I'm not likely not going to get all of what I said above, I'd still want a good car
>>
>>17443494
Get an ecoboost Mustang.
>>
>>17443494
That is a low budget. What country are you in?
>>
>>17443497
I'm in the U.S. its low budget cause like I said, I'm going to start college very soon so I won't really have a lot of money
>>
>>17443504
No prob. I'm an ausfag but similar roles should apply. Stick to Japanese stuff, don't expect anything exciting. Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Honda civic are all good little cars. Stay away from anything euro at that end of the market.
>>
>>17443512
hmm I'll stick to the Japanese cars then, thank you for your help anon since I'm still new to this
>>
>>17443519
No worries, if you have any other questions feel free to ask
>>
>>17443819
yo i'm an ausfag too and need to buy a car. what kind of q's should you ask sales people and what should you check out or whatever when buying a car so you don't get a lemon? is just going on carsguide or carsales an okay idea?
>>
>>17443827
Don't trust a word a salesman says. Always get a car checked out by a mechanic, might cost you $100, but could save thousands. What budget?
>>
>>17443465
An Honda Civic would be one of the best bets for a first car
>>
Also, you should buy directly to the owner, skip car salesman
>>
>>17443845
around 4 or 5 thousand, it's not much but i'm 19
>>
>>17443845
hey is it possible to get the car checked out by a mechanic while you're looking into the car
>>
>>17443468
/o/ is pretty shit these day desu mate.
just check for rust, check the person selling it doesn't owe anything or other paperwork anomalies. and any weird sounds, vibrations or generally driving like shit.
>>
>>17443852
That's enough for something reasonable. N16 pulsar, corolla, hyundai getz, civic, could even get a Honda accord euro if you really shopped hard.

>>17444963
Yes, you can get a mobile mechanic. What normally happens with us is the person looking at the car organises for the vehicle owner go bring it into our workshop, we look at it, then email the report through to the purchaser.
>>
>>17445068
how to know if the mechanic is legit? or is there no reason for them to fuck around if you're just getting it checked out
>>
>>17443504
That is an extremely tight budget for anykind of vehicle. Its going to be pretty old and won't likely look very good. If you're smart and selective you can get an OK car, but a GOOD car runs you at least $5k, closer to $10k, sorry to say.

Your best bet would be a Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, or Toyota Tercel with the fewest miles you can find for the price. Do NOT buy American, at your price range only Japanese cars will still be in working condition for any amount of time.

The only exception would be a Mazda Miata, which is actually a fun, dirt cheap, reliable little sports car - but its VERY small, not aggressive looking, and people love over-charging for them...you can probably find a decent one for $1500 if you look hard enough.
>>
>>17445213
hmm, interesting. I'll make sure to look into that so thank you for your input anon
>>
>>17445150
Google reviews, word of mouth. But as you say, there is not much reason for them to lie about anything.

>>17445213
There is no way in hell you'd get a miata/mx5 for 1500 at the moment, every man and his dog wants one. If probably buy a couple if I could find them for 1500
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.