[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't smile back, how much does that fuck my chances with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 4M89V.gif (2MB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
4M89V.gif
2MB, 500x256px
Socially I'm not autistic except in this regard. Every few days at work I'll have one or two gorgeous women say hi or give me one of those heartwarming smiling that you see in the movies. Now I know better than to take that as anything other than just "Oh, we made eye contact, better be nice and smile." but my mind makes a total disconnect, and I forget to smile back, so I basically give them my usual face, which I've been told half the time I look either bummed out/tired or pissed off.

My thoughts are, when you make the effort to smile at someone, regardless of the fact if you think they're good looking or whatever, and they don't smile back, what goes through your mind?

>"Geesh, what an asshole?"
>"What a psycho.."

Whenever I have these run-ins, I always wonder if they think I'm a piece of shit or something. The only people that smile at me somewhat regularly at work other than attractive women is elderly women, which I have no problem smiling back at them. I would assume it's a shy thing, but I don't feel shy around women. I can talk to anyone just fine, no anxiety or anything, but for some reason when faced with a pretty smile my mind goes blank and I don't "reconnect" mentally until after they've walked off.
>>
File: smiling-man-120516.jpg (84KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
smiling-man-120516.jpg
84KB, 800x534px
You don't need to smile with your mouth open, if you can't do that without looking like a psychopath, you can just smile with your closed mouth.

Pic related, a smile like this can get you very far.
>>
>>17396336
People probably don't even really notice or register the fact that you don't smile back in a scenario like that. People have better things to think about.
>>
>>17396363
idk man, if I don't smile much, people I know comment on it. even acquaintances. a random person that you've never seen before and will never see again might not notice, but a random person who smiles at you will likely notice if you don't return the smile.

>>17396336
OP I don't think they think you're an asshole or a psycho, but they may think you are not in a good mood or don't want to be approached. initiating a smile conveys a certain nominal level of friendliness. smiling back is partly an acknowledgement of that, but also kind of an unconscious reflex. many people will smile back despite themselves and have to either be in a really horrible mood or make a conscious effort not to smile back. I'm like that and like I said, I'm not a smiler. so if you don't smile back, it telegraphs that you want to be left alone. people may not notice if it's just once, but if the same girl smiles at you multiple times and you never return the smile, she will probably assume you either don't like her or are depressed or something.

practice remembering to smile, you'll get better at it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.