[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ i just want to know if i'm just stressed or if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1455069937489.jpg (14KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1455069937489.jpg
14KB, 500x281px
hey /adv/ i just want to know if i'm just stressed or if i have a disorder or something?

i've always been an over-thinker, but lately my mind has been hopping around a lot on a ton of different topics and situations and events. one minute i'll be thinking about my relationship and my doubts about it and i'll be crying, and the next, i feel perfectly fine about my relationship. then i'll be thinking about jobs and my future and get stressed, but then i feel fine like an hour later. it cycles over and over.

it's been harder for me to concentrate on anything lately, and i am more forgetful than ever. i'm pretty good at re-calling events and memories, but i'll forget at least one of my things when i'm going somewhere. when talking to people, i tend to blank or space out a lot and i feel slow and have to ask them to repeat what they were saying. i can't even watch any shows without having to re-wind several times to really concentrate. this is the part that really bothers me.

i'm sleeping 5 hours and feel fine surprisingly, but i'm forgetting to eat (or i'm simply not hungry) and sometimes eat like 1 odd thing for the day. i'm definitely eating a lot less, and without trying, i've lost 10 lbs. i can't force myself to eat either, i guess i just have a way reduced appetite.

this past couple months has been totally stressful in a good and bad way, there has been a ton of events...
>endless job hunting and interviews
>ended 4 year friendship with best friend
>family has been pressuring me for money and other drama
>organizing moving plans
>dealing with debt
>bf admitting he was thinking of proposing to me

any advice?
>>
>>17396286
Why do you jump to the conclusion that you have a disorder? I have a feeling that a lot of people who cling to "muh disorders" just want to be special.

>i'm sleeping 5 hours and feel fine surprisingly

Doesn't seem like it. 5 hours isn't enough time to get fully rested. So lack of sleep + lots of stress is a surefire way to have a bad time. Start by getting more sleep and then start to address the rest of your underlying problems.

>endless job hunting and interviews
What kind of volume are we talking here? Have you used your social connections? University/college connections are exceedingly useful- if you are a graduate or a current university student pay a visit to your career center/services or call them up for some help.

If not a grad or student use your personal social circle to help you find opportunities/put in good words for you. Expand your search, apply to a min. amt of jobs per day every day.

The rest of it is a bummer, but sounds like in general you are dealing with a lot of stress. Your reaction sounds like an extreme stress reaction so you need to find a way to deal with those issues and resolve them.
>>
>>17396301
i'm actually hoping it's not a disorder. i pride myself as a person who is fairly well-balanced and on top of things; like a control to the people around me. but my family has a history of being mentally unbalanced or ill; the worst being alzheimer's.

as for the sleep, i just randomly wake up after about 5 hours and can't fall back asleep. it already takes me a couple hours or so to fall asleep. and i need my daylight hours to complete my tasks and make sure i eat and whatnot.

been using all my resources; reached out to classmates and grads and my sister... i have a couple interviews/tests lined up again, which i'm hoping i won't bomb.

i suppose tackling one at a time would be fine, but either my mom or sis will constantly remind me of XYZ, and my bf understandably feels a little insecure about me feeling insecure (he's really in no fault here, just a result of my indecisiveness and anxiety), and the rejection letters will slowly trickle in, and discovering how my ex best friend deleted our photos and such...

all kinda adds up
>>
>>17396286
All signs point to just stressed in my expert opinion. You need to get more sleep and calm your mind. Practice meditation, get more exercise, maybe do some yoga. This is good advice although I'm too lazy to really sell it more.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.