[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

>want to be a gun owner >considers shooting myself constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 5.jpg (31KB, 190x568px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
31KB, 190x568px
>want to be a gun owner
>considers shooting myself constantly
What do?
Note: Just want this for self defense, i do not have that much of an interest in guns desu.
>>
>>17395517
see a therapist to solve the suicide problem before getting a gun unless your life is immediately threatened by something
>>
>considers shooting myself constantly
>Just want this for self defense
I assure you wherever you live, even if it's somewhere dangerous the biggest way to maintain/increase your safety is by avoiding guns. I feel the same as you, except I want it for both self-defense and a slight interest in guns. But I'm never going to allow myself to get one, because I realize that the odds of me killing myself will shoot up dramatically with a gun, and that despite the suicidal ideation I want to live.
>>
Everyone considers shooting themselves.

I'm a gun owner on anti depressants and ponder the easy way out regularly, but I've never been cocked and loaded with the safety off pointing it at my head.
>>
Don't get a gun and contribute to the statistics that cause laws that prevent mentally stable people from accessing guns. Get mace or a taser for self defense. I would suggest a dog, but I wouldn't want you to kill yourself and leave the poor creature to starve to death because of your selfishness.
>>
>>17395533
US I assume? Is it more difficult to get a gun if you are or have been depressed?
>>
>>17395546
Was never a question I got asked, and I wasn't asked to prepare any medical history for a screening process.

They saw I wasn't a felon, and I walked out with a .45 and a box of ammo all in the matter of an hour, and that includes me shopping around at the gun show.
>>
>>17395546
I'm not him but I'm pretty sure it depends on the state. Ideally what would happen is people that see they have depression in the backround check would have to go to a therapist to verify they won't blow their brains out.
>>
>>17395546

Depends on the severity and the state. In CA (one of the more retarded strict gun access states), had a friend who was involved in a clinical depression study when he was like 23. Never came up as a problem during his back ground checks.

Friend actually was taken to police station because someone thought one of his social media posts meant that he was going to shoot up the school when he was on high school. At age 21, Was able to get a handgun and rifles without a problem.
>>
Not sure if this will help but I own guns and suffer from the occasional bout of depression. I try to focus on the positive, but I do have some physical health problems which are the root of my depression issues. Born in the south, I was raised shooting guns and so I have a lot of respect for them. Ultimately I keep my guns around for defense and sport, but if need be and my body just doesn't keep working, I'd rather cap myself than deal with the slow death. That being said, I have had roommates with depression and locked up my guns and ammunition out of respect for their issues / not wanting to be blamed if they went off the deep end.

But that's just me and my experiences. You should consider seeing a therapist and talking things out before you purchase a firearm. When you understand why you feel a certain way it will be easier to control your urges and get through the dark times without doing something drastic. Talk therapy has always helped me in that regard.
>>
File: 1379287558840.jpg (118KB, 750x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379287558840.jpg
118KB, 750x600px
>>17395517
>>>/k/
>>
>Syndergaard doing a twirl rather than get the ball
>>
>>17395598
OP here
>go to k
>ask them
>tell me to fuck off to /b/
>come here
>go to k
what

Also, im worried i might go full hero mode. Is a therapist the best option right now?
>>
Maybe start by joining a club where you leave the gun at the shooting range.
>>
>>17395666
>clubs
i wouldnt really mingle w/ the people
i dont like guns , i dont' hate guns, i am purely neutral on them
I just want it as a tool of defense
I couldn't releate to the guy who justs loves to talk about guns.
Also, how would that stop me when i have a gun to myself?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.