[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be bothered that my bf texted his ex "you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1466788902828.jpg (18KB, 252x582px) Image search: [Google]
1466788902828.jpg
18KB, 252x582px
Should I be bothered that my bf texted his ex "you've been on my mind" and nothing else when we started dating but weren't official yet?
Then after about two months of dating the ex texted him asking for money he owed her and he said "i wish you would have texted me about something else" but she didn't understand what he meant and he doesn't remember.
We have been together for six years. This isn't serious right? He tells me everything else and hasn't been in contact with the ex since. He says he didn't love her or want her back, I knew him before and remember how happy he was about the break up years ago (she cheated on him). I guess if he wanted her back he would have said so? I've known about this for a few years but it still comes to mind and I wonder if it's something serious..

Tl;dr bf texted ex six years ago, is this something to worry about?
>>
Bump ;_;
>>
>>17394616
Yes it is.
What is up with those cheating thread? Is this cheating week and i didn't get the memo?
>>
>>17394616
if he hasn't been in contact with her since you should have absolutely nothing to worry about. Back when he was first contacted maybe he still felt something for her but if he hasn't talked to her in 6 fucking years then I have absolutely no clue why you would be worried at all to the point of putting text emoticons on an anime image board with random strangers.
>>
>>17394686
did you not read the post? This event OP is describing happened 6 years ago.
>>
Cut the man a break.

I'm sure at some point in the relationship, he had doubts. Would he have acted on them? Possibly. Would he have teased the idea with a previous love interest he's in contact with? More than likely.

I did it to my girlfriend anytime we were having a rough patch in our first couple years. I think it's only natural. But if it's persistent, and not vastly intermittent, like once or twice a year, maybe you got something to worry about.
>>
You weren't official yet. It's not cheating if you're not in a relationship. And it was 6 YEARS ago. What the fuck are you doing revisiting a non-topic like that? Are you trying to convince yourself that he cheated or something so you can break up guilt-free? Are you trying to sabotage your relationship? What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>17394688
Yeah now he doesn't care about her, but he says he didn't care even then, he didn't want her.
I should add that he had mental health issues back then.
He knows he can tell me if he cared about her, but it bothers me that he says he hadn't cared about her for a long time since she cheated on him. We've even talked about him having a crush on someone else (nothing big, he refused to even add her on facebook when she wanted cause he is mr honesty).
We went to a couples counseling and the guy there said to me that I shouldn't try to make sense of this, he didn't care about or wanted her, it's something he did while he was depressed and feeling unwanted by everyone.
It was such a long time ago. Everything is good now. Maybe I should let this go.
>>
>>17394712
We were official when the second message happened. And we had agreed not to sleep with other people but not yet tell everyone we wete bf gf the first time. It just bothers me.
>>
>>17394718
>He knows he can tell me if he cared about her, but it bothers me that he says he hadn't cared about her for a long time since she cheated on him. We've even talked about him having a crush on someone else (nothing big, he refused to even add her on facebook when she wanted cause he is mr honesty).
Wow... so you really are trying to sabotage your own relationship. WTF is wrong with you?
>>
Just reading the first few sentences, yes. That's a bad sign for you, and maybe for him if he's a two-faced cheating bastard. He might just be unhappy and fantacizing about leaving. I haven't found a 100% loyal human, so what you want to do here is up to you.
>>
>>17394704
I see, so if this doesn't happen again it's all good? I don't think it's something I could accept if it kept happening always. But well, I don't text my exes, ever.
>>
>>17394694
Yeah, i mixed the 2 weeks with the 6 years, my bad.
About the memo...
>>
>>17394731
Yeah. I haven't text any of my exes in over a year, and didn't plan on it.

But, I do still have her saved in my phone as one of my distant guy friends names that I never talk to.
>>
>>17394737
That's kind of shady haha. But yeah he is in no contact with her. I'll just trust him. You know, it's okay to care about someone and what not, but I just want honesty. Maybe I'm getting it but just not accepting it since it's not exactly how it usually is when a person texts their ex.
>>
>>17394718
you really should let this go at this very moment. as >>17394728 said you are literally sabotaging your own relationship right now.

>>17394729
read the entire post dipshit you miss really essential information like how this was over half a decade ago.
>>
>>17394763
I stopped taking time to feed into the concerns of people who make no sense, having been one myself I know I'm not white knighting by patronizing anyone

maybe ur the shit dip
>>
>>17394763
Yeah I see this and will let it go. Thankfully it's something I just wonder from time to time.
>>
>>17394768
>white knighting
nobody is white knighting in this thread. Unless I missed a post everyone is either telling OP to shut the fuck up because she is sabotaging her own relationship or they didn't read the entire post and say that the guy is cheating.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.