[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this close (best) friend from high school, I'm almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: qt14_15.jpg (24KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
qt14_15.jpg
24KB, 640x359px
I have this close (best) friend from high school, I'm almost 20 now btw. We used to be really close, telling each other real life issues and stuff so I know him very well. But ever since high school we grew apart because he got into another college and I got into university.

Things would be fine as it was if not for the one trip I have with my university friends. Thanks to the trip I learned about better things, about what I should do with my life and not waste my time... Me and him used to play video games, like a lot and he still does and me occasionally. But since the trip I decided to do something with my life by gaining real-life experiences, working part-time, and be out of the home much more. But my friend, he stayed the same. We did chat a bit after my trip, but I still remember he saying how I was growing apart from my old high school friends and that I was just being delusional. He also gave me a scold about how worthless I was, and I did appreciate that. Like how I always ask for pocket money and live depend on my parents so much.

After that, we weren't talking for months. But today I bumped into him and to my surprise, he stayed the same. He always struck me as a independent and smart guy, mainly about how he hated to ask for his allowance and wanted to be adult fast. At 6 in the morning, I was driving to my part-time work. And when I met him, he was just coming home from his friend house. He talked about a few things, mainly I asked though and he acted like I was a stranger. The way his life is going is like, exactly like when in high school. He hang out in his friends house playing video games, go to college.

To be honest, I was quite disappointed. We were both a massive slob in high school, but we were proud that even though we didn't study much, our grades were still top of the class. That and our closeness in personality made us friend.

What should I do? Should I just let him be as he is or try to convince him choose friends wisely?
>>
English is not my native language so pardon me but I tried my best here.
>>
I doubt trying to change him would give any result.
Also, as long as he has a goal and is working on it, being a slob in his free time doesn't make him a bad person.

Imo let him be, part ways, and find new friends you get along better with.
>>
>>17394215
People change man as you obviously have, he seems happy with who he is and you seem happy with who you are. If he has a problem with the your life is he wasn't a very good friend from the go.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.