[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this friend that I've had for many years, and lately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1443772957408.jpg (76KB, 470x531px) Image search: [Google]
1443772957408.jpg
76KB, 470x531px
I have this friend that I've had for many years, and lately they've been horribly depressed.
They threaten suicide almost every other day and I'M ALWAYS the one who has to talk them down out of our group of like 5 friends. I'm always there even if it means staying up all night with them and getting no sleep. So last night they threatened suicide again and I wasn't there. I sent them a few messages saying some comforting stuff after I saw their suicidal post and hoped that they would be alive in the morning. Next morning rolls around and they're bitching about how "everyone only thinks they matter if they're dead" and that "no one even tried to stop them" and I'm so angry. I know I'm supposed to feel bad for them but it's so draining to constantly coddle them and make them feel better when they refuse to take medication or do ANYTHING for themselves to feel better. I'm just tired of this. I'm tired of buying them dinner and spending the time to be with them for them to completely ignore all that I do for them.
>>
File: 030003f0.jpg (40KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
030003f0.jpg
40KB, 800x448px
I have had quite a few friends do that exact same thing. Tell them to grow up and seek help. When they don't (because they won't, they'll argue against it) cut them out of your life.
>>
let them attempt or learn a new way to get the attention they require. if they have to say that stuff to get insurance to cover them, fine. if they're causing their friends grief, fuck 'em. you should consider calling the police, since that's not socially behaved behavior and it would force them into mental health treatment.
>>
It's a thing of people to want to help their friends and loved ones during times of need, but don't let them drag you down with them. There's only so much you can do for them. After that, it's up to them. If they do end up killing themselves, remember that it's not your fault.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.