[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I'm an american and I'm really ashamed of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1461603555944.jpg (12KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1461603555944.jpg
12KB, 250x241px
Hey guys. I'm an american and I'm really ashamed of that. I wish I was Irish or British. They have such vibrant and interesting history but we don't. We are all walking stereotypes and over half the memes are true. How do I overcome this?
>>
Fuck off and die for starters.
>>
>>17392588
Why?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469466270276.jpg (25KB, 523x523px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469466270276.jpg
25KB, 523x523px
>>17392577
You could actually read a history book.
There's many aspects of US history that you dont learn in school.
>>
>>17392606
We have no history compared to other nations. Its so disappointing.
>>
>>17392577
Irish here. Grass is always greener. Don't be ashamed over being American as I am pretty cynical over being Irish. Half of our 18-29 pop wants to or is in the process of leaving the country cause the job prospects are tripe and/or the country is too stale.

A lot of us with international exposure likely think the same about our women as you do too (No standards, drink too much, ugly, etc). Don't bother defining or thinking yourself based on race, work on who you are cause really, its the same wherever you go. That said, I'm stuck here for a good few years but can't wait to pack up and leave.
>>
>>17392577
>They have such vibrant and interesting history but we don't.
My advice is to actually do your history homework.

Ireland and England have rich and interesting histories, no doubt about it. But to say that the US does not, even if we leave out pre-Columbian times, speaks to some major ignorance on your part. Throw in pre-Columbian history and things get quite interesting indeed.
>>
File: 1469195538596.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469195538596.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>17392613
We've also been around a few hundred years less, anon. Learn the weird parts of history, learn obscure bits of knowledge you'll never find out in school.
>>
>>17392606
>>17392628
>>17392671
All of this. US history is very interesting, especially pre-Columbia. Stop being salty, the grass is always greener on the other side. Besides, stereotypical amerifats with their mobility-scooters and freedom Glocks are actually pretty exotic (and hilarious) for the rest of the world.

t. norwegian anon who thinks the majority of scandis are boring drunks, cucks and a sad remnant of our viking ancestors
>>
fucking ignorant nu male retard
>>
>>17392577
remember British history before 1776 is american history
>>
>>17393005
Part of it, anyway.
>>
>>17392577

>they have such vibrant history

Buddy. My friend. Daddy. Are you retarded? Do you know nothing about the founding? do you know nothing about the revolution? What about American Romanticism?

America is the greatest country on the face of the Earth.
>>
>>17393131
see if OP could or would read he'd know many US laws were based on British common law. While in law school there were US cases I studied that cited British common law cases and if the dumb fuck would travel around the country a bit I suggest head to the Hopi Indian Reservation and see a Snake and Antelope Dance.
>>
>>17392577
Well for some autistic reason you think that your country's history reflects directly on you as an interesting or not person. How about you build your own self esteem before thinking it's the end of the world that you're not a european.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.