[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My best friend of 8 years has suddenly just fallen off the face

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image1.jpg (85KB, 560x372px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
85KB, 560x372px
My best friend of 8 years has suddenly just fallen off the face of the earth. I've tried everything I can to contact her: emails, checked her DA, checked her Tumblr, talked with her other friends... and nothing. Everything has just been silent. I've gotten no replies from her email, DA, and Tumblr, and the friend that I was able to 'contact' is apparently ignoring me or has forgotten who I am. To be honest, I'm just worried about her. She and I have depression (like actual depression, none of the Tumblr bullshit), I've had it longer than she has, and I'm worried that through our friendship... I might have given it to her. Like, I'm worried I made a toxic friendship and caused her this... And I read somewhere that the best thing to do if someone has depression and you do too is to, well, cease communication... The last thing I want to do is to hurt her... and I don't know what else to do... and I know some of my other friends have some mental disorders like depression and anxiety and the like... so I said I was taking a hiatus of unknown length. I didn't mention anyone's names in it... just that it was probably better if I didn't stick around for a while so that people's problems weren't exacerbated by my presence... To be honest, I love her. I love her more than I've loved anyone before, which isn't saying much because she's kind of my first, but whatever... I love her, and I don't want her to be hurt... I guess I'm just asking if I'm doing the right thing by distancing myself...? Is it better if I walk away from my best friend and effective love so that they might be better off...?
>>
Anon, I lost my best friend of 12 years 2 years ago and I have been having the most worthless days of my life since then. Fucking find her and fix your relationship
>>
>>17391936
>DeviantArt
>Tumblr
Its probably best that she disappeared.
>>
>>17392027
Believe me, I really want to. But the only thing I know about where she is, is the city and state. And even then, that's a shot in the dark, because she could have maybe moved on by then (if she was even in that area to begin with). Plus, wouldn't it be a little bit disturbing for me to just suddenly show up to her city looking for her? I don't want to come off as a stalker and ruin it even further, you know? "Hey, I just drove four days across the country because I was worried about you and hadn't heard from you in seven months and etc etc" doesn't exactly sound very sane. I feel like that only works in the movies, and that if I tried that she'd end up getting a restraining order against me or something...
>>17392030
Man, we joined DA when we were, like, 14 or something, and we just didn't quit. Eventually we moved on to Tumblr around 4 years ago because it was getting popular, and I didn't want to join, but it was the most reliable way to keep in touch with her. Yeah, Tumblr is a toxic community, and I would say that it probably had a hand in this debacle, but I don't think it would be fair to abandon her because of the social media site she used...
>>
>>17392090
Its the universes way of telling you to find less faggoty friends.
>>
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, OP, but it sounds like you are being ghosted. She has cut you out of her life, and you will probably never know why. I'm sorry.

There is nothing you can do but move on with your life. If you dwell on this, it will eat you. I wish I could tell you something to ease the pain, but I don't know anything. This has to come from you.
>>
>>17392235
But doesn't ghosting apply to, like, dating and whatnot? We've never dated, much to my misfortune, but...
Talk about conflicting messages...
>>
>>17392235
>>17392426
And besides, it's not like she is being active on said websites. She's just... not been active... for 7 or 8 months...
>>
I've known people for way less time than you've known your friend and gotten their number so we know if something happens to each other. You should have gotten her number! You fucked up. Now if she's ghosting you then you're fucked anyway
>>
>My best friend of 8 years has suddenly just fallen off the face of the earth. I've tried everything I can
did you go to her house?
>>
>>17392589
Well, it was an online relationship, I always communicated through email and the social media sites... plus, we weren't even adults yet at the time. We only recently graduated college about two months ago. You know how people are when they're teenagers on the internet... hell, all this time we only knew each others' screen names. I know I should have gotten her number, and I know I fucked up. I tend to do that.

>>17392599
She lives on the other side of the U.S, which is at least a 4-day drive, if I am right about her even being in the right city/state based on what one of her friends posts. So no, I guess I didn't do EVERYTHING I could have...
>>
Bump
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.