[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 and I've had a Fiance for more than 5 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: feels_516771_4069365.jpg (37KB, 550x453px) Image search: [Google]
feels_516771_4069365.jpg
37KB, 550x453px
I'm 25 and I've had a Fiance for more than 5 years and good friends for the same amount of time.
I only feel true happiness when I'm spending time with my friends, all other moments with my Fiance I find myself missing my friends, every time he wants to go somewhere I wish it was with my friends instead.
The thing is I love him, and I know he loves me, We provide for each other, we both probably couldn't survive normally - emotionally and financially....at least financially for me.

But I fantasize about living with my friends instead, should I just give up on my dream?

I don't want to be a leach on him, I do love him and I want him to have want he wants and needs, Id let him have all of what he thinks he owns more, even our cars that are in our names, he pays for them the most because my job is shit compared to him. But I'm afraid I will break him...even break myself, I'm afraid I will end up missing him.
>>
If I leave him for my friends will I truly be happy again?
If I stay- should I be at least honest about my feelings or keep it to myself?

I really think Ive grown as a person since I met him when I was 20, my friends helped me realize my personality and sense of humor...my Fiance is nothing like my friends...this is why I cant stand him near them, is that selfish of me? I feel horrible about it.
>>
I desperately need advice I will wait.
In the mean time I will continue to respond to other questions on this board.
>>
Do you think it's a problem that your fiance is not like your friends? Do you think it's worth ending a long relationship?

Sometimes different people provide different comforts to a person. I really like being around my friends because we can just take it easy and have fun doing just about anything. I really love visiting them and make trips out to see them semi-regularly. My SO has met them and occasionally comes with me, but I mostly go alone.

My SO is my partner in life. We solve problems together and share a lot of the same hobbies. We truly look out for each other and love each other. Sometimes I get anxious about how I feel like I should live my life more like when I'm with my friends, but that's not a good forever plan for me.
>>
File: 555.png (1MB, 974x683px) Image search: [Google]
555.png
1MB, 974x683px
>>17391590
>I only feel true happiness when I'm spending time with my friends, all other moments with my Fiance I find myself missing my friends
>every time he wants to go somewhere I wish it was with my friends instead.
>But I fantasize about living with my friends instead, should I just give up on my dream?
This is the type of shit you need to sort out for yourself.
I mean generally speaking, you should be enjoying your partner's company, especially when you're in love.
It sort of sounds like your partner is not compatible with your friends, too.
>If I leave him for my friends will I truly be happy again?
Keep in mind, your friends won't finance you, they won't fuck you and they most certainly won't cuddle you at night when you're cold.
We're talking about how you spend your free time.
Why should you LEAVE him for your friends.
Try and integrate.
Try and find out what exactly is the issue and why you don't find yourself being happy with him.
Because that's the one of the fundamentals to a happy relationship. Being HAPPY with and being around your partner.
I think that loving somebody and being unhappy with them at the same time is sort of a contradiction.
I can't really seem to understand, though, if you're unhappy with being AROUND your fiance or unhappy with him as a person.
It also sort of sounds like you're not really independent.
I mean you're relying on people to make you HAPPY.
Let's say those people vanished.
What would become of you then?
>>
>>17391659
>I feel like I should live my life more like when I'm with my friends, but that's not a good forever plan for me.

This is exactly how I feel anon
It hurts so bad though, I feel like I'm dying. Im bored to death but I feel like leaving him may be the biggest mistake of my life even if it makes me more happy.
>>
>>17391663
>Let's say those people vanished.
What would become of you then?

Honestly I would have nothing, I would be forced to live with my mother which would be a nightmare
>>
>>17391703
I'm not super sure we have a lot in common. I don't feel like leaving my SO will make me happier. I enjoy being around him and seeing him every day. I'm not financially dependent on him. I spend the vast majority of my time around him voluntarily. It sounds like you have a problem with even being around him.
My friends give me a miniature vacation not just from him but from the real world. When I travel out to see them, I don't worry about work or anything else. It lets me be a bit more independent for a while. The freedom-longing feeling I get sometimes when I'm with him is the weight of real life too.
If after you see your friends, you feel okay for a while and then you start dreading your relationship, it's because you're probably not making enough time for yourself.
If you hate every second around him, you probably have issues with your relationship or you might be codependent because you're financially dependent on him. If you were making more money, would you leave him?
You should really think about all of this. Also what other anon is true, a friendship is special but you will not be getting the same benefits out of friendship that you will get with a partner that knows you in and out.
>>
It's hard to judge from a couple posts and I may be off the mark, but it seems he deserves better than you. How old are you? You're froends probably care a lot less about you than you think.
>>
>>17391873
>How old are you?
/adv/ reading comprehension in a nutshell...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.