[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I was a kid, I've had extremely dry lips that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Ever since I was a kid, I've had extremely dry lips that caused me to lick them every 2 seconds. I didn't know what lip balm was back then and I think it completely fucked up my lips. I still have really dry lips that cause me to lick them a lot if I don't use lip balm. I feel like my lips look nasty as they are cracked and there's this purplish line right under my lips that I can't get rid of no matter the lip balm. How do I fix this, should I go to a doctor? I asked my doctor once about it and she just said to use lip balm but it does not help. How do I fix this addiction of licking them and healing them?

Before pic is similar to how my lips look right now.
>>
i also have dry lips and i dont know how to "fix" them
>>
I used to have this when I was a kid and in all my school pictures I had a red cracked line under my mouth like a third lip! Keep a bunch of really good smelling balm on you at all times - the smell will make you want to put it on and keep some in your pocket wherever you go. As for under your lip, invest in some Sudocreme - it heals cuts scabs scars and burns really quickly. If you cant get that, find an antiseptic healing cream and it should do the same thing.
>>
>>17391304

I'll try the Sudocreme. I keep lip balm with me and have to put it on all the time like every 30 to 60 min.
>>
>>17391281
Don't use shitty chapstick and don't lick your lips.

Use Vaseline lip therapy - apply it throughout the day and once before bed. And drink LOTS of water.

You will see results overnight unless you have some med condition that needs addressing

https://www.amazon.com/Vaseline-Lip-Therapy-Original-0-25/dp/B0066S13QU/ref=pd_sim_121_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41kdjNK69lL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=HRHW30WSRF1TTA0XGPH2
>>
File: Aquaphor Healing Ointment.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aquaphor Healing Ointment.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>17391817
I've used all different kinds of lip balms and the best one so far I have used is Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It still has the problem where I have to reapply ever hour or so.
It's hard not to lick my lips unless I have lip balm on, the problem is lip balm usually dries out in an hour.
I do apply lip balm overnight and I wake up with uncracked lips but it'll go back to being cracked within an hour. The purple line is always there no matter what.
>>
>>17391817

I also do drink tons of water, a lot more than 2 liters of water a day.
>>
This can be a form of exzma I've had it fie a while drink water and try neosporen or aquaphor but mostly she a butter it helps a lot
>>
>>17391883
>It still has the problem where I have to reapply ever hour or so.
Hmmm, I've never tried that ointment before, but I've never had that problem with the Vaseline. I only really apply it every couple of hours tbqh. If my lips get kind of dry, I just drink water. Maybe try it for different results? Just buy a tub of vaseline from Walmart for cheap and try it

Take a water bottle with you outside if not already doing so and just keep drinking. You need to have the discipline to not lick- it just dries your lips and makes it worse

If your lips are as bad as you say and constantly dry, it might have something to do with weather or you have some kind of condition. See a dermatologist, mang. You might have a disease that needs treatment
>>
>>17391281
Try Vaseline around the lips as needed every day for a couple weeks. Helped me last winter.

Also, I've read keeping a humidifier by your bed at night helps, never tried it though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.