[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are you supposed to stop wanting someone to take care of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (220KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 540x960px
When are you supposed to stop wanting someone to take care of you, or does it just go on forever? Do you just accept that once you're shoved out of the nest you're sad and scared and alone forever and just get used to it?
>>
>>17389649
>Do you just accept that once you're shoved out of the nest you're sad and scared and alone forever and just get used to it?
Yes?
Are you asking whether you're a child forever?

No one will help you as an adult.
Everything is your fault when it's wrong and about time when you're right.
>>
>>17389649
Idk really, i mean birds trow their baby birds out of the nest and if they fly they fly, if they fall to their death then they fall to their death, so i suppose when you think your ready to fly
>>
>>17389675
So it's just never going to stop feeling bad? At all? Ever?
>>
>>17389693
No? Yes?

You never start feeling like you know what you're dealing.
Secret: Your parents never did. They never knew what the fuck they were doing. Until this day, they feel exactly like you do. You never feel "like an adult". You die feeling like that 19 year old who left home. It never gets better.

But you get used to it. You get a job. You count up how much money you make and you dole out what goes to rent, and food, and bills, and booze.

It doesn't become automatic or easy.
It just becomes what life is.
It's hard, it sucks, but you find the good parts.

Cooking in the kitchen on Saturday with the radio playing with my friends coming over.
That feels good.
You learn to live for those moments, and it's good.
>>
>>17389713
I can pay rent and everything. I know how to do things. It just feels bad.
>>
>>17389807
I'd give you some advice about hobbies or friends or some shit.
But I'm an alcoholic so I have no other answers
(Don't become an alcoholic. It just sucks.)
>>
>>17389823
I know. Dad died to it and it starts seeming like a sensible thing to do.
>>
Bump. My problem persists.
>>
You meet somebody. You two connect. You fall in love. You devote yourselves to one another. You marry. You take care of each other. You grow together. You build a life together. You have some kids. You work to protect and nurture the family you've created. Your kids mature and carry on the family business. The cycle continues. Society thrives. A handful whose families' business was central banking bergle enough money from their nations of customers to influence entire populations. They start meddling on a global scale, because hurrrr it's not broken we need to fix it. Feminism sweeps in with multiculturalism and communism hot on its heels. Society stops thriving. You're born right in time to catch the tail end of it.

Say what you will about the strong cohesive nuclear family unit but it's the model that's proven to work best. I have a few qualms about it (because of course I do, I'm a fucking millennial) myself but I won't hesitate to acknowledge that that's the way to go if you're looking to get rid of the sad, scared, and alone feels.
>>
as a normally functioning human being, you will always long for someone to care about you and vice versa.

Just continue on with your life, and eventually you will meet someone who loves you as much as you love them and that will give you security.
>>
>>17390195
I can't do any of that.
>>
>>17390265
Quit your pity party. You cant be that repulsive.
>>
>>17390363
Not if there are other ways to make a guy interested than sex.
>>
>>17390265
Why not? It's not the norm nowadays anymore but we're not *that* far gone yet. If you're a dude I caution you against marrying lightly because family court systems all over are set up to really devastatingly fuck you guys over. If you're a femanon step your game up permanently because the guys worth marrying are becoming less and less interested in it by the day. If you're a kv weeb autist, >>17390363 get on okcupid go to cons and find a fe-/male you. If you're a single mother you're stuck with numale fgts. Try to find one whose parents are still together, Christian family or at least just economically conservative, and who just kinda lost his way a bit during college. Like hipster hobo fashion style, catcalling is raep!, very careful never to "manspread" lost his way, not like commie scum gender studies meme degree lost his way. Anyway help him relocate his balls and then do right by each other and give the kid a good upbringing.

Chances may not be great but it's hardly unattainable.
>>
And should've reloaded the page first lol

>>17390449
Don't fuck on the first date. Or the second. Or third. Get to know the dude a bit, THEN decide whether you like each other enough to start banging.

Ignore if too personal but: were you young when >>17389857 happened? As in daddy issues sort of stuff resulting from it that's messing with your head now that your grown?

>sorry to hear he passed; my oldest brother went out the same way a few years ago
>>
>>17390495
I don't put out. At all. Ever. I hate sex. I can get blackout drunk and give a guy permission to fuck my unconscious body, but only in a stable relationship where I can trust he'll wear a condom.

Dad was a mildly autistic old-fashioned 80s sci-fi/computer nerd who detested sports, the military and everything stereotypically manly. An alcoholic's alcoholic son and a general robot. I was 17, he was already living away, his flat looked like it had been inhabited by a booze-guzzling wolverine when me and mom cleaned it up.

He was an okay person but not very good at being a person. My sister got his difficult personality and now she's stuck in mom's basement because she's too proud and ashamed to go back to meatworld.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.