[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

I started working a desk job at a retail outlet about a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1466220266468.png (250KB, 499x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466220266468.png
250KB, 499x768px
I started working a desk job at a retail outlet about a year ago, and didn't make a ton of friends. I'm a pretty friendly and extroverted guy outside of work, but at work I usually tend to keep my head down and not make waves. I say hi to everyone, when people are mean or sarcastic at me I just kind of ignore it and tell them to have a nice day, when I first started working there this made me a lot of enemies but over time it's made me more friends than anything.

There's one woman I work with who has always treated me oddly, or at least not the way I'm used to being treated. She's fun and bubbly with pretty much everyone. When I first started working there, I'd say hi to her, she'd just stare for ten seconds and then burst out laughing. She'd come to my team's office, ask for help with something, and then see that I was the only one back there and say "nevermind, you're not cool enough" before giggling like a little kid. I knew it was a joke but then she'd make jokes like that every time I saw her. It was pretty clear to me that she wasn't being mean, it was supposed to be a lighthearted joke on all sides.

A few months ago I had to work with her on something and she said something along the lines of "So you know I'm just messing with you, right? You're a cool guy" and I had kind of figured that was the case. Since then every time I see her I say hello, and half the time she says it back and smiles a lot and half the time she says "ew it's Anon" or sticks out her tongue.

Today marks just over a year since I started working there. I smile and wave at everyone, I'm having a great day, everyone says hi to me, she just blankly stares, to the point where other people are visibly weirded out. After everyone leaves she comes over and says "I'm consistent, you have to give me that" and then starts laughing. She does not talk to other people we work with like this.

What is this? Does she want to be friends? Are we already sort of friends? I don't know how humans work.
>>
Sounds autistic af desu
>>
honestly it sounds like she has some problems. worked with a girl one time who covered her face with a book every time she saw me despite the fact that i never said 1 word to her. if she wants something let her come to you...do not pursue. seriously man
>>
>>17389109
Haha okay. She's not nuts, she's pretty social, I assumed I was the autism one here.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.