[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one come to terms with being unattractive to the opposite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1441470044410.jpg (379KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
1441470044410.jpg
379KB, 900x674px
How does one come to terms with being unattractive to the opposite sex? It's killing me inside.
>>
You cope by learning to do the best you can with what you have. This is not just about makin your physical appearance more appealing (thpugh it does do this often to surprising degrees). It is also about ensuring that you're aware that you're putting your best foot forward. This affects the way you carry yourself and behave around others, which boosts you yet further.

This can't work miracles. It's not going to turn a 4/10 into a 10/10. But at the absolute least it'll bring you to a point where you're no longer actively pushing the opposite sex away, and it can even boost you at least a pount or two beyond that.
>>
It's hard to not let societal pressures fuck w your head. The best thing you can do is just focus your efforts on yourself.
>>
>>17388819
>societal pressures

Robot here.

It's not just "societal pressures", it's also biological imperative. As individuals, mating is not a "need", but as a species, it is - that's we why may feel compelled (by loneliness, horniness etc.) to find a suitable mate.

Virtually everyone feels this 'need', even if, as it turns out, they are not themselves, a suitable mate.

And that fucking sucks.
But I'm pretty good at this whole 'acceptance' thing, being the 'creepy' robot for so long, I've learned a thing or two, so I'mma help:
>First thing, even if you're like me and you actually thrive when you're alone and don't really like or trust others, every now and then, no matter how much you accept your situation, you're gonna end up feeling shitty. This feeling comes and goes, and you just have to wait it out.

Okay, with that little disclaimer out of the way, lets look at how you can be the best, at being an uggo;
>Talk to people, practise talking with shopkeepers. Don't worry, they get paid for it, and they've dealt with crazier people than you, and most of them would rather chat than work in silence. Make small talk, mention the weather or some shit. Social skills can make up for alot of things the rest of you can't.
>Get a job in a busy place - again, more about talking to people. Never go into too much detail or anything. Use cliches alot, the goal is to keep them talking to you, not the other way around, so ask questions (but nothing too personal). People fucking love good listeners, as well as talking about themselves.

Why the social skills?
Because being an unattractive shithead loser makes you an easy target - you need to be able to be diplomatic. I've gotten out of more situations by sharing a cigarette and chatting than I can count.

Okay, so what next:
>Maintain fitness. It's not for looks, it's damage control so you don't get any bloody worse.
>Hobbies (to distract you)
>Acceptance - you gotta tell yourself what you are. I call myself a 'creep'.
>>
>>17388870
2/2

Basically, treat being an uggo like it's some incurable medical condition. Don't just sit around wallowing in pity, learn to manage it.
Live with it, like some hideous disability.

If you find something that works for you, keep doing it, and if it doesn't, then stop doing it.

We're humans, goddammit, we don't evolve to suit our environment, we just change the entire goddamn environment to suit us. That's what you have to do - create a lifestyle and environment that keep you going.
>>
You work out, straighten up your back, dress better, shave, try to smell nice, and do you. You cope by working on yourself. If you're uncomfortable, giving up is not what's going to help you to cope.
>>
BE

YOURSELF

:)))

THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT

OFF YOU GO
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.