[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at drawing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 22hd-4.jpg (683KB, 2736x1731px) Image search: [Google]
22hd-4.jpg
683KB, 2736x1731px
Hello, peeps.

I'm trying to get better at digital art and drawing as a whole, as my dream is to work in the games industry as either an artist or level designer. I've gotten better over the years I've been practising but I feel as if I'm falling short of my expectations. I'm sure there are some talented artists on this site. And I was wondering. what tips or techniques could you give me.
Thanks
>>
I like the youtuber Istebrak, you can give her a submission and she might go over how you can improve techniques and keep sharp on the fundamentals

But good luck, I've heard this whole digital art thing is a giant shit test, with educated professionals competing with amateurs who will take ramen for payment.
>>
>>17387662
Im basically in the same boat as you man, Ive been an above average drawer my whole life but rarely did I practice until recently. My advice would be too start drawing from real life (Mainly the human form and drapery) this will make the drawings that come from your imagination look more realistic. Sounds simple but it really helps. George Bridgmans and Andrew Loomis figure drawing books are a good place to start. Try taking some life painting classes on the side if you can.

Above all practice, practice, practice.
Good luck man
>>
browse /ic/
>>
What the FUCK? Want to draw better? Never thinked about I dont know drawing?
>>
I have a small but related question. How are the cheaper drawing tablets. I see tablets priced from $30-100+, but what is the quality difference between them like?
>>
>>17389376
they work fine. the issueis size and limited features. 200+ are bigger and have more buttons and shit
>>
File: 103876665433.jpg (3MB, 5000x2381px) Image search: [Google]
103876665433.jpg
3MB, 5000x2381px
>>17387662
I'm by no means a professional artist or anything, but here's some advice I've received over the years.

This is stuff you've probably heard over and over, but they are the truth.

It's basically cracking down on what you struggle most at, and either "perfecting" it or getting to a level to where you can be satisfied. It's good to be in your comfort zone, but staying in it too long can sort of hinder any future improvement. You have to be willing to try new things, experiment, and maybe put yourself out there if need be.

Getting some criticism is also a good thing, although truth be told it's quite difficult (for me at least) to "take it". It can hurt sometimes.

I hope I could've helped you out Anon, I'm in the same boat as you too, practice tons and you will reach the levels you want to reach!

Good luck OP!
>>
>>17389376
I have a 50$ monoprice tablet and it's served me well for a couple years now. It's durable and the cord didn't shred like my old wacom's, which I often see happen to other people too.

For the price it's worth the risk. Only downside is that their drivers aren't updated for windows 10, so if you've upgraded you'll have to do a bit of jiggering to get it to work.
>>
File: faceless_rex_arcana.png (714KB, 1149x625px) Image search: [Google]
faceless_rex_arcana.png
714KB, 1149x625px
http://placidchaos.com/Loomis/

Read everything

Practice everday. Even if you memorize at some point it'll become reflex

Get good on wat you're bad
>>
>>17387662
>what tips or techniques could you give me.
Draw fuck metric tons of drawings, i.e. practice.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.