[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to become an actor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 640full-charlie-heaton.jpg (43KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
640full-charlie-heaton.jpg
43KB, 640x800px
Hey /adv/, I was wondering if you could help me become an actor. I'm 18 and I have approximately no experience whatsoever (minus the one time in elementary and 6th grade). I'm thinking of getting some scripts online of characters that I'd think be the type I'd get cast for (if ever) and record myself practising them then try and change whatever I think looks cringey and bad. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>>17387091
are you attractive and or female? if so go mate with every little thing you see

are you male? good fucking luck
>>
>>17387091
Charlie, you look good!

However, if you aren't in Europe, please get a tan. And if you are in Europe, get one anyways.

Have you thought of drama studies? That's a good bet. It's hard for people to just be "good or great." Our best actors on this planet studied for it.

Even the good looking actors who started out with bad skills had to go back and study in some form to keep landing roles.
>>
>>17387092
>tfw young and beautiful but no life becaus of mental disorder
>>
>>17387183
Lol i know a few like that, didn't think it was a thing
>>
>>17387188
>tfw everyone compliments how i look irl yet it doesnt really make any money or profit at all because i feel safe when minimal human interaction is needed
>>
Get into a theatre group and see if it's for you. Most actors have been acting since they were kids. It's not something you just learn at home at age 18.
>>
>>17387202
I'll see if I can audition for some plays but I haven't seen many theatres around Sydney.
>>
>>17387091
Acting is a craft as well as a talent or a dream, and even the most brilliant natural performers have to learn their craft. That means taking classes, either in professional theatre schools or the theatre department of a university. It also means acting. A lot. In school shows, amateur shows, unpaid student videos, etc.

It never, ever, ever was true that people just showed up in Hollywood, were "discovered" and became stars. Those were ALL fables made up by publicity people.
>>
>>17387263
Are you kidding? Sydney has a thriving equivalent of Broadway and off-Broadway.

Just further evidence that you haven't a clue about the business you think you'll just walk in and succeed at.
>>
1. talent
2. money
3. luck

A LOT of people want to become a professional actor, not many succeed.
If you don't have the talent, you won't come there. Looks are a pro but if you can act very well it doesn't even matter. There are some ugly ass people in Hollywood top class.

So how do you figure out if you have talent? Take classes, do auditions and so on. Best thing is to get a manager with credibility to work with you. If not it become very hard. All this shit costs a lot of money. Get a place near agencies, movie/drama producers, pay for talent agency, classes, etc. Still it probably won't work off since not many people get their investments back.
>>
>>17387092
White, male actors have the most roles in the acting industry. It does not work like any other industry. If you are attractive you are a leading man. If you are unattractive, a woman, or a minority, you are a character actor.
>>
>>17387202
This isn't true. I know 35-45 year old tree cutters workers who are just getting into it. Acting demands many different types of people.
>>
>>17387655
This is true. Follow this person's advice. Take classes. It's how you meet fellow actors and mentors who can introduce you to casting directors and agents, as well as random movie roles or stuff like that. Sometimes directors or writers take acting classes just to meet actors or to learn how their actors work and grow a better understanding of their own craft in the process.
>>
>>17387672
It ain't got nothing to do with talent.

1. headshots + resume
2. reel or audition

You got to have the look they want before they even see you. Talent is secondary. Fame does not equal talent. There are just as many beautiful people in hollywood who are terrible, terrible actors.

But yes taking classes is great advice. Do not start paying for all that other bullshit, though. You're not even going to get into an agency or get an agent with nothing on your resume. And he is definitely not even in a union yet. Best thing is not to get a manager and agent right away. That's fucking stupid.

Most people never make the investment back because they quit within the first year. Acting, like the fine art industry, is constant, constant rejection.
>>
>>17387091

Apply for even the smallest of roles and don't be surprised if you do some of them for free. You don't have to be pretty as there are some butt ugly actors and actresses but keep yourself groomed and blemish free.
>>
>>17387091
if you're serious about it invest money in acting lessons and more importantly, participate in local theatre groups (the professional ones - not neccessarily your high school acting club). it's possible to get in some of these youth performance groups they have at (prestigous) theaters. not super easy but definitely worth giving a shot even if you don't have the experience. most important thing is to act with others. doing stuff alone can be helpful, but more importantly is to learn how to perform with others and in front of crowds/cameras. no matter whether you want to go into tv or theater acting, starting at a theater is probably a good idea either way because it gives you professional expertise for free
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.