[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone psychosomatic? I'm starting to feel like I am. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 6866440-3x2-700x467.jpg (67KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
6866440-3x2-700x467.jpg
67KB, 700x467px
Anyone psychosomatic? I'm starting to feel like I am. I'm extremely depressed and i'm going in for an MRI which i'm starting to feel might come up clean....The problem is theres all these tiny extremely rare diseases and disorders that doctors fail to diagnose and almost never will diagnose, so at what point do I just drop it and say i'm psychosomatic? (not to be confused with hypchondria) These symptoms I get are extremely debilitating and i've lost jobs because of it.
>>
Post your symptoms? Do you have any?
>>
>>17386287
Constant dizzy/double vision

snowy like vision (kind of like constant tv static on solid colors)

Tired no matter what, can sleep all day.

tight jaw

tense neck

Poor concentration

Poor memory

Difficulty thinking of the correct word to say
>>
>>17386287
>>17386294
oh and

One of my eyes has been red, like bloodshot red for over a month and it doesn't hurt or itch, and i've had weird floaters and i've been really sensitive to light.
>>
A lot of those sound like symptoms of your depression, and not something bigger, actually. It's possible you might be having issues go together as well.

These are the symptoms that are signs of depression:

Poor concentration
Poor memory
Difficulty thinking of the correct word to say
Tired no matter what, can sleep all day.

The tense neck might be stress related as well, but without being there in person I can only say the most common issues one might face. These sound like Neurological issues, all except for the tightness of the jawline, the bloodshot eyes, and the dizzy/double vision might be a bit of an inbetweener.

You said you are taking an MRI? This is good. My guess is either you are suffering from a tumor/blood clot, or there is something wrong with your heart. Once those are cleared, it's possible you are just experiencing significant stress and depression, which is causing most of this. The bloodshot eyes might be explained by prolonged usage of electronics such as a monitor or phone. Our eyes were not meant to stare at that kind of light for that long, really messes up our sight. Unless I was there in person, all I can do is guess. It's best to wait for your doctors. And take it from me, remember that doctors make mistakes too. If they tell you everything is fine, and you are not improving, they have either made a misdiagnosis, or there is another underlying cause. Never be afraid to get a second opinion from another doctor.

The second you start losing jobs, it's time to get looked at. If you are suffering from a chemical imbalance that is causing your depression, you can actually change your diet to improve it, and take nature walks. This is actually proven by science to help with depression naturally, if you are against medications.

If you are suffering from a past incident, you might have to find a way to get it out of your head. Either through talking to a friend, an online forum, or a Psychologist. Hope I helped.
>>
>>17386409
thank you anon, i'd like to believe that it's all due to me over reading different diseases and stuff online and then my anxiety making me feel it. But I also have frequent heart palpitations so it could be a heart thing.

Going to an Ophthalmologist for the eye thing
MRI for other neuro symptoms
and then to add to the list, i'll check in with a cardiologist

And if all come back clean, is it safe to say im psychosomatic?
>>
I have idiopathic (likely psychosomatic) dystonia.
>>
>>17386409
thank you anon, i'd like to believe that it's all due to me over reading different diseases and stuff online and then my anxiety making me feel it. But I also have frequent heart palpitations so it could be a heart thing.

Going to an Ophthalmologist for the eye thing
MRI for other neuro symptoms
and then to add to the list, i'll check in with a cardiologist

And if all come back clean, is it safe to say im psychosomatic?

Those methods to find a cause for your symptoms are sufficient. It's possible, and actually reading up on diseases like that actually can make you sicker, because of how the human mind works. I forget the term as of right now. But just remember, if you don't improve within an extended period of time, it might be time to get checked again, or look at alternative reasons for your ailments. After you're cleared, if you are cleared successfully, if you do not improve, then there likely *is* a cause for it all. After you are cleared for all of that, other than it being a neurological, or mabye even a psychological issue, such as your depression, I'd honestly have no idea. I'd have asked for a second opinion at that point. Sorry if I forgot to say anything. I can't concentrate all that great right now.
>>
>>17386432
oh and I also have a semi-benign heart arrhythmia that mostly old women get and I'm a 21 year old male

I hope there's no connection!
>>
>>17386263
>>17386294

sounds like anxiety/depression. But yeah it's a good idea to rule out anything that can kill you before you come to that diagnosis. Keep in mind that many of the extremely rare diseases end up having the same treatment as common illnesses. The distinction is only made for academic purposes
>>
I think that the approach may be a little off. I think you should consider a visit to an Endocrinologist.

Endocrinologists treat people with hormonal imbalances, and they will be able to better decipher overlapping conditions (through very specific tests).

I have had bad acne my whole life, however, that might be caused by hyperandrogony and may explain why typical acne medication doesn't work.

I'm not an expert on these kinds of conditions, but I believe an Endocrinologist is. When you contact a person who specializes on one part of the body, they treat what they see, not WHY they see it. That is something bigger.

I know I have anxiety that creates paychosomatic conditions. I throw up before tests, for example. If someone treated the vomoting, they would completely miss WHY. I do believe that depression and anxiety are psychosomatic. Are you being treated for those? Do you take medication? What does your Psychiatrist say about it all?
>>
>>17386529
>If someone treated the vomoting, they would completely miss WHY.

maybe they just wanted to get the weird vomiting guy out and away from all the expensive equipment
>>
>>17386263

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkazr8M-n4
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.