[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6 years is too long How do I leave this place? How do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: no-4chan.jpg (56KB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
no-4chan.jpg
56KB, 450x290px
6 years is too long

How do I leave this place? How do I quit my addiction?
>>
You don't.

t. 10yearfag
>>
Six years, jesus anon, you're in pretty deep. Basically if I was tech savy I'd tell you how to get your IP banned by the site so you can no longer get on, but I'm not tech savy.

The only thing I can think of is replacing 4chan with something else. 4chan is so addicting because other people use it, giving a sense of community. This isn't always a bad thing, with the exception of pol, r9k, and b, I feel like most of the other boards are healthy. Either way, if you frequent those said boards, continue.

Replace this cyber community with a real life community. Whether it's a club, class, cult or whatever, it will be good in terms of cutting 4chan out.

The thing is, you have to be deeply involved in this, or else the 4chan withdrawl will come in full force.

I am one year deep into my 4chan experience, and I already see the toxicity of the said boards, but I will stay for productive boards like mu. Hopefully I can quit out on the bad boards and focus on the good.
>>
10 years in and former basement dweller reporting in. you don't, you grow up and have priorities but you still manage to parade as a NEET/neckbeard on the weekends.
>>
>>17386221
Christ mate,
I thought 6 was a lot.
>>
File: kill me.png (60KB, 478x538px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
60KB, 478x538px
>>17386221

i've been trying
>>
>>17386193
This site is not even bad, it gives you many great things, all you have to do is avoid somethings and filter others.
>>
>>17386221
/thread

t. noideahowmanyyearsfag
>>
>>17386256
This. You see the same shit here as you see on Reddit, Imgur, Facebook, etc. You just need to make sure that what you see and read doesn't impact your life negatively.

That said, if you're someone who buys into the extremist shit that's posted here, getting off 4chan is the best thing you can do
>>
>>17386232
where do i get this
>>
>>17386226
>/pol/ unhealthy
>/mu/ productive
wew lad
>>
I got my seven year anniversary with 4chan Two weeks ago, cheers.
>>
Pretty simple, just stop typing "4chan" into your address bar. Now, if it's your homepage, you're pretty much fucked.
>>
File: 1440634400893.png (717KB, 577x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1440634400893.png
717KB, 577x1177px
>>17386273

I don't really buy into the extremist shit, my parents were racist and I developed racism just from being around lowly blacks and non-whites. /pol/ is usually right about half their shit, and I knew all that before going in.

But I go here for the MEMES though, and that's the problem. This sick humor has twisted me in such a way that normie humor jokes just get smirk or a quick laugh. Shit like CIA and plane crashes with no survivors, that legitimately happened, brought me to tears. Worst of all I can't laugh about this shit with ANYONE since all my friends are normie stoners.

>>17386288
timeStats chrome(ium) addon

>>17386313
then what do you type in the address bar when you fire up the browser?
>>
>>17386328
>then what do you type in the address bar when you fire up the browser?
4chan.org
I didn't say I wasn't hypocritical.
>>
>>17386193
Fuckin' do something else, for Christ's sake. Not that hard.
>>
>>17386226
>/pol/ "unhealthy"
>/v/ or /tv/ or /g/ "healthy"

Wew lad.

>>17386328
>>17386330
I type "boards.4chan.org/" then whatever board, it's a reflex at this point. On my phone too, I only have to press "b" and the first suggested word is "boards.4chan.org"
>>
>>17386273
>You see the same shit here as you see on Reddit, Imgur, Facebook, etc.

You know this place used to be refered to as a containment website. And now you see the EXACT same material all over the place and not just the memes but the incredibly dumb and/or sociopathic opinions that come out this site.
>>
Cold turkey or nothing.
>>
File: 1466132432148.jpg (26KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1466132432148.jpg
26KB, 500x354px
>>17386193
Op, getting my first GF made me stop coming to the /adv/ board completely for like 3ish months.But 4chan isn't a harmful place just keep a level head and it shouldn't harm you I find going through advice or boards to be very relaxing.
>>
>>17386328

1-stop going to 4chan

2-start going to stormfront

very simple.
>>
I've only been using 4chan for a month, and already I'm starting to get the feeling that I should get out while I still can.

the problem is I feel too "red pilled" to go back to normie sights and not edgy enough for the others.
>>
>>17386973
4chan walks a very think line between being reddit and tumblr.
>>
Depending on which parts of the site you're using.. Ive been here for 8 years but got some pretty remarkable moments out of it. I frequent /trv/ and /adv/ a lot now, but thanks to /mu/ i would not have developed such a taste in music nowadays.
>>
File: forget.jpg (9KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
forget.jpg
9KB, 274x184px
>>17386193
>>
File: 000888.png (67KB, 255x199px) Image search: [Google]
000888.png
67KB, 255x199px
Turn off computer and go outside. See you tomorrow, you're here forever.
>>
>>17386221
what does "t." means?
>>
>>17387317
Finnish for "regards", got popular thanks to /int/ spurdoposters
>>
I wonder about certain boards like /cgl/, that board seems to be well adjusted and pretty social.

What /cgl/ like in the beginning? Was it always this decent or was it full of spergs in the beginning and due to the nature of the subject forced them to be aware of social hygiene, style and sociability?
>>
>>17387356
>/cgl/, that board seems to be well adjusted and pretty social.

Thanks, I needed that laugh
>>
>>17387360
Well, at least compared to a lot of boards.
>>
>>17387356
>well adjusted and pretty social

kek, yeah sure a bunch of catty autistic legbeards who go out of their way to hate on women more beautiful than them to the point of stalking and harrassing with sugar daddy shit mixed in
>>
>>17386193
1. Sell your computer
2. Get a tablet with Windows 10
3. Resist the urge for MS Telemetry to record your 4chan movements

It's partially working for me, but i'm here on a Win7 machine
>i gotta go further and get a ubanto machine instead
>>
6 years? the only way is to live in a place without internet access. at least at home.
>>
>>17387322
thanks
>>
File: 1463961651076.png (251KB, 1275x471px) Image search: [Google]
1463961651076.png
251KB, 1275x471px
>>17387211

got me there, cup of coffee and /adv/ to start the day

>>17386952
I almost snagged a gf recently, problem was she's a total degenerate, whore, liar, etc. Would have been a sex thing but the conditions were not right.

...you might be on to something though, now that I think about it. hmm.

>>17386973
4chan conveys the extremes of the internet because anonymity is strongest in this site. No other site allows you to be *this* anonymous, albeit /g/ faggots have their ways. "red pilling" is just being educated on extreme views, outlandish things you don't hear a lot in normie media - reddit, news, etc. Also, this site has not changed at all in the past X years, most of the change comes from inflows/outflows of people, which develops a changing culture. That's part of the appeal to this site is that it has culture, and different cultures depending on the boards. I was a /b/-tard, then a /v/irgin, then branched out into /adv/, /g/, /tg/, /pol/, /his/, and /fit/ - among other boards. The extremity of views and quality of recommendations keep me addicted, and then there's the fucking memes.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.