[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for Gandalf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1469230487127.jpg (201KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1469230487127.jpg
201KB, 1080x1349px
So, /adv/, how do you get on the path of finding meaningful, fulfilling human interaction?

In the midst of summer, I've found myself pretty fucking lonely. My friends from my old uni degree (economics) have mostly moved on with their lives, and while I see some of them every blue moon, I find there's little fun to be had past the first couple beers. Something not so different happens with my lifelong friends, which is made worse by every single one of them having a girlfriend; I had a gf once, but we split two years ago and I didn't keep contact--nor wanted to. I got back to uni, this time to study computer engineering (I can do that fro free thanks to having my share of honor mentions and receiving a grant), but the few friends I've made are all way younger and live away from me. I also lost one of my best friends, with whom I used to spend a lot of time composing trailer music.

I'm not an asocial person: I worked at a big 4 firm and there I got commended on my "great social and conversational skills", usually acting as one of the contacts with our clients. I also dabbled as an English teacher this year and I found the social part quite interesting.

Whenever I try to make friends, though, I end up bored in no time, or find myself doing most of the talking. I've had a single friend in all my life with whom I could talk with for hours on end and utter roughly 50% of the words in the conversation. It does not help that my favored topics are rather uncommon.

So, what's the best way of finding people to bond with, maybe start a project with? Should I try to meet people in bulk? Take it easy and wait till summer's over? I've been considering an exchange at uni, I went to Germany last time and it was ok, although I didn't keep in touch with anyone.

Here's a qt for your trouble.
>>
>>17385879
Jesus, what a mess of a post I've made. I should get some rest.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.