[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im being emotionally abused by family and friends. What do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 185x272px
Im being emotionally abused by family and friends. What do I do?
>>
could you give us a little info as to why?
also, what they're doing specifically
>>
>>17385343
It's probably because op told them about a sexual assault.
>>
>>17385340
stop being such a pussy
>>
>>17385340
move town, cut them out of your life
>>
>>17385340
Leave family and make new friends, NEXT.
>>
T;Dr - parents and two 'best friends' do a lot of passive-aggresive (but still obviously spiteful) put downs. Parents only started after the sexual assault, friends have been doing it for years. They are abusing me over the sexual assault which is terrible.

I was suicidal at age 13 and most of it centres around that, mental ilness and trying to make out I use mental illness as an excuse. (from one friend)

Other friend abuses me over my school performance.

Parents are dismissive
>>
I was touched up on and off on a packed ferry trip by an old guy when I was 14 and i could not escape. By the time my parents realised what was happening we were leaving and had to make a physical barrier around me so he couldn't brush himself against me.

After that summer it was never mentioned again. I would say it affected me forming relationships with men and I was a bit of a mess being near them until I went to college.

In my late 20's my mum started to get into a habit of making a joke about it (usually after a glass of wine) something of the lines of "...Like the time Anon was touched up by that weirdo ho ho ho"

I did tell her after the 2nd time it really bothered me. She appologised and said she was only making a joke of it as it was so long ago and to help get over it. I can understand and I am pretty over it but I just don't like it being mentioned as it brings flashbacks and how I felt afterwards.

Still, she forgets and jokes about it now and again in my presence but very rarely. She also believes depression can be fixed by drugs and people can get over it by "stop being sad" so what does she know.

Stop hanging with people who make you feel like crap and learn to love yourself.
>>
I feel dat collaterial damage tho and they are my friends and family
>>
Basically I can't trust anyone after this and I can't get over what they said to me, I feel really terrible and I'm not used to people being nice.
>>
Err I ask my parents a lot and they never stop, those friends are the same and asking them to stop never cleanses years of bullying from someone I should trust.
>>
When I get back to school I'm gonna report the two friends bullying but I don't know what to do with my parents or how to get over the undone damage.
>>
I'd say speak to a Councillor

I'd love to have a therapist but they are too expensive and the NHS ones I hear have year long waiting lists.

Find someone to verbally talk to about it.
If you have clearly and firmly told your friends to stop and they don't, they are not your friends. I have people I call my friends who in my heart I know are not so I only see them accidentally or when invited out together (rarely)

All in all, you need to like yourself NOW who you are NOW not what your were, what you could have been, what you are not.

I sound like someone who is 100% sorted and got my shit together but I am not, i have rally bad days and through all of my life I find myself tearing up when someone says something nice or when I try and say something good abut myself like at an appraisal which is annoying.

Cut the crap from your life and do stuff that makes you happy. My mum is wonderful but can be very emotionally manipulative so I moved out and things got better. No quick cure I'm afraid, just try to move on.

We are not all dicks and pussy's in the world
>>
>>17385340
get away from them, even if you're lonely and scared to be alone, trust me, it's still better than being around people who abuse you
>>
I think that's what emotional abusers do, they try to destroy the integrity of the self so you miss who you were before, I still am the same person.
>>
I don't know how to have a healthy relationship or how to evaluate what they did to me. Just leaving a toxic relationship doesn't work because my parents live with me and the damage still continues.
>>
Plus there are only two abusers in a group of friends so that's pretty unfair.
>>
>>17385427
kys then
>plz advice
>zomg not that advice cmong now!1!
rly kys
>>
The advice was crap and the abusers cyberstalk me.
>>
I dont trust anyone and I need help on how to get over it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.