[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had a particularly shitty week between work and family.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: bad-parenting.jpg (26KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
bad-parenting.jpg
26KB, 500x400px
I've had a particularly shitty week between work and family.

I'm 22 and living on my own. My parents are divorced but have been on again off again my whole life. Anyways, they split again and it might be worse than all the other times.

My mom lives over two hours away all by herself, has some mental health issues (especially lately) and hasn't had a job in over thirty years. Since my Dad broke up with her she's gotten really REALLY nasty towards me and everyone on my dads side of the family.

She'll send me multiple texts a day begging me to talk to her and if I don't answer right away she'll send another text saying something like "Please don't hate me, I carried you for nine months" or "Your Dad set me up to hurt me, I hope you're happy with him." and then disconnect her phone for days.

Anytime that I do manage to talk to her over the phone, it usually ends with her crying and screaming. It's gotten REALLY bad. She asked that I don't talk to anyone on my Dads side of the family about it and I managed to for a while.

But this week's been too much, I ended up going to my Dads last night and asked to have a serious talk with him only to see him break down crying and shaking in front of me. Apparently my mom has beens sending him the cruelest texts. He's had health issues this year and the stuff she's saying is along the line of "I hope it kills you."
She took it the next step by sending other nasty texts to my Grandma on my Dads side. I asked not to hear the details of what she said. But I know that was going too far.

I don't know what to do about it. I'm worried my mom might kill herself but she's driving me and my Dad insane.
>>
bitch needs sectioning. that or just all of you go over and crack her in the ribs. 24 hours in a&e might change her tune!
>>
>>17384827
Yeah agreed, she's being a bitch. I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. My dad believes we should stay in touch with her and reassure her, my friends say I should cut contact.
>>
I also advised my Dad to block her number so she stops, but he's really against the idea. When I talked to him yesterday he had said he'd gotten her to settle down a bit. She's been nice the last two or three days but Monday night she was screaming at me saying she never wants to see me again.
>>
Your mother is going through a bad time, and she's trying to hurt other people in order to overcome the hurt within herself. Some people do this. It doesn't really work

You need to get her help. Professional help. If she can't afford it, try to help financially. Hell, get the rest of your family to help - they'll feel better as well.

Then, you need to be very clear with her. If she doesn't stop her act, you're going to cut contact. You need to get the support of other people in the family as well. Be kind, but firm.

Convince your dad to do the same, it's hurting him.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.