[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is it too late to get into law? I'm really having to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

When is it too late to get into law?
I'm really having to reconsider my career choices (I'm 26, software dev) and I feel like I really fucked up when I didn't pursue law school when I was still deciding.
>>
its never too late to learn something new, just need some willpower
>>
>>17382806
Well, yeah.
But there are points that it is too late to switch careers. Especially one as in-depth as law.
>>
It's a particularly shitty time to go to law school, and even shittier ime to be a lawyer, op. Unless you really need to do it, don't.
>>
>>17382863
Do you want to elaborate on that a little bit?
>>
>>17382806

As someone considering something similar, I can provide some potential complications.

He's 26, let's assume his existing schooling get him a break going for his next degree. It's still take him until he's 30+ to get it, assuming he can go full time.

Will an employer be as accepting to a 30+ year old with no experience?
Can he get by with minimal time for work over that 4+ years? Does he drop to part time? Is that enough money?
If he continues full time, how much time will he reasonable have for school? How long would the reduced schedule take him to graduate?

No matter how he arranges it his social life, time with family, hobbies, home improvement, fitness, and anything else that could make him happy are going to tank. The question is: Are the potential benefits worth the cost, risk, and stress?
>>
>>17382799
Why not learn on your own until you have a good grasp of the fundamentals and then go to school if you're still interested? That will definitely take some pressure off and let you maintain more of a life while you're in school.
>>
>>17382799
with your software dev background you could concentrate on specialized fields like Intellectual Property law in the world of tech.

it's never too late to start, it's always too soon to quit
>>
>>17382868
Supply and demand
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.