[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Narcissism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1445885782927.jpg (17KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
1445885782927.jpg
17KB, 500x551px
I have decided to keep narcissists out of my life completely (with the except of my mother). The next person who tells me that they are better than everyone else, and that I must be an exceptional person simply due to the fact I am allowed to speak with them, I'm going to stand up and walk away that very instant. If they try to foster some kind of dependence, I'm literally not going to accept any gift or advice they present me.

Does that sound like a good plan?
>>
>>17382666
Cut your mother out too
Sincerely, adult child of a narcissist
>>
>>17382674
I was planning on keeping in touch with the family, like semi-normal. That's really the full extent. I don't expect her to be loving.
>>
>>17382666
>Does that sound like a good plan?
Go no contact with your mother ASAP. As long as you have someone like that in your life, you'll find it difficult to heal and grow as a person. They never get better because the fault never lies with them.
>>
Well, kiddo, I think that I might be able to make a few "alterations" to your plan, that okay with you? ;)

Its going to be hard for someone like you to avoid narcissists your whole life, so you might want to try out finding a way to deal with them. I did.

You know, how about this, I'll be back in about a half hour. You wait here for me and when I get back I'll give you some tips for dealing with narcissts. That sound good? :)
>>
>>17382666
So you don't want to deal with narcissists people by being narcissistic? That honestly sounds like a pretty retarded plan.
>>
>>17382678
>I was planning on keeping in touch with the family, like semi-normal.
If you think you can pull off little contact, and that she won't turn family members against you, then do what you feel is best. I tried that route with my father and he only turned me siblings against me.
>>
>>17382666
Look into the greyrock technique. Be as boring and reveal as little about yourself as possible. Talk about weather, laundry, etc.
>>
>>17382685
yeah they do that

if I might ask, what was her incentive to turn people against you?

i'm hoping to come from a place of no beef and just agree that it's better to know how your family is doing...I think there's an unspoken thing between my mom and I about her not being very loving that is okay so long as I don't mention it. I'm struggling to think of what I could do that would provoke her.
>>
>>17382682
I should deal with them, you're right! What I meant was that I shouldn't buddy up with them and get truly involved.
>>
>>17382681
I struggled with anger towards my mother and hoping she would change for many years, but I have now accepted who she is.

having a relationship with another narcissist actually made me feel better about my mom. they're not monsters, they're just very misbehaved and they do love...the just stifle their own potential for love.
>>
>>17382692
thank you that's good advice. we think alike. you know, not many people can think like I do.
>>
>>17382682
okay i get it
>>
>>17382666

It's going to be pretty hard to keep narcissists out of your life because we're everywhere.

Just because some are loud and flaunt it, doesn't mean we're not narcissists.

We've just learned to control ourselves and hide it better since actively showing it usually alienates the people we're trying to control/use.
>>
>>17382777
They love you the way a predator loves prey.
>>
Considering I was raised by one, sometimes i wonder if I'm a narcissist myself. It's not that uncommon.
>>
File: 1466519328402.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466519328402.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>17382666
>"you're exceptional, I'll let you speak to me"

has this ever actually happened to you?

that's actually pretty fucking autistic if you ask me, it sounds like ripped straight from some anime
>>
you have autism
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.