[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

How do I structure an essay about how I nearly killed myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1467662907388.gif (992KB, 398x356px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467662907388.gif
992KB, 398x356px
How do I structure an essay about how I nearly killed myself over a girl, have depression and subtly say I love you to that said girl?
>>
>>17382407

We're not going to do your creative writing homework for you.

Play some Pokemon. You'll feel better.
>>
>>17382414
i am, im sitting on facebook to clear the air, all my friends look up to me and it is extremely hard to type or even call her because i haven't been in the situation before
>>
>>17382419
My man please do not tell this girl you almost killed yourself because of her. Please do not fucking so that.
>>
>>17382424
not just over the girl, just life in general (work, family and friends), it involved vodka and a fuckload of pills.
>>
>>17382427
Why would you want to talk about this to strangers?
>>
>>17382429
why not, everyone needs help once in a while getting through life
>>
>>17382434
How is this going to help anybody?
>>
>>17382446
its going to help me and anybody who is going through similar things by reading suggestions
>>
>>17382434
The stranger you need to talk to should be trained to advise you wisely.

If there is an Assistance Program through your school, employer, or insurance, call them.
>>
File: 1466546263668.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466546263668.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>17382452
nah i'm going to get typing
>>
I'm a slimy, vaginal beta. There, I said it. I'm a cucked faggot like 90 percent of the Internet. Now that that's out of the way, here is my shitty essay.

There are your first few words, you're welcome
>>
>>17382468
1) i'm borderline beta
2) i have had enough sex and just want cuddles and talks
3) finished it, thanks
>>
structure? that's pretty simple

introduction (lead into the topic, explain some background about it)

literature review (any relevant scholarship?)

theoretical framework (this is optional, but if you are writing this from say a nihilist or realist perspective it's useful to explain that)

body (usually divided into 3 parts)

conclusion

works cited.
>>
>>17382484
i'm not even joking thanks, I used it to touch it up a bit
>>
File: I like this post.gif (1MB, 200x254px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
I like this post.gif
1MB, 200x254px
>>17382484
all the advice you need, OP, right here

but seriously man. write it as honestly as you can to get it off your chest. but don't write it on facebook, use notepad or word or something and save it. then please *PLEASE* sit on it for at least 3 days before deciding whether to send it, post it, or anything like that. if you truly feel that it needs to be said, you will still feel like that a few days from now. if you have changed your mind in that time, then you will have dodged a howitzer-sized drama bullet by not sending it. because that's what posting things like that to facebook is: a drama bomb.

also: if she hears that you almost killed yourself over her, it will creep her out. and if you insinuate in ANY way that you still have any feelings for her, you will creep her out twice as much. if you actually care about her and not just about your own personal problems, you will not tell any of this to her or to any mutual friends or acquaintances you and she may have. but it doesn't sound like you do. it sounds like either you think somehow that she's going to take pity on you and fall for you, or that you're just giving her one last creepy drama e-grope before fading out of her life, or something.

what you're planning to do reeks of an attention-whoring cry for help. if you are to the point of crying for help, get some fucking help. start seeing a therapist, find a support group, spill your guts to an older person you look up to, whatever you gotta do.

if you really need to educate people about the things you've learned through your experiences, make a blog or post it someplace where it's going to get seen.

source: I have done shit like what you're planning to do. I have seen other people do shit like that as well. it has never, never been a good idea. it will always end badly.
>>
>>17382528
ive been wanting to say this for her for 2 years, she also tried to kill herself and opened up with me so i dont think she will be creeped out. I trust her and she trusts me with each others lives but she is moving away next year so i wont see her for ages
>>
thanks guys its going well so far
>>
OP, for the love of God, DO NOT DO THIS.

Do not do this to her.
Do not do this to the people you know.
Most of all, do not do this to yourself.

Seriously, I've been where you are standing right now. This cannot possibly end well. If you absolutely must write something down, do it by hand, on paper -no typing of any sort allowed- and then burn it before you show it to anyone. Anything good that can possibly come from this essay can still be gotten this way.

If this gets out, it will fuck up everyone involved but good, and when you realize that you are to blame, you will carry the guilt for many years. I speak from personal experience. You have been warned.
>>
File: 1463499055017.jpg (65KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463499055017.jpg
65KB, 768x1024px
>>17383686
i didnt in the end, i was pretty drunk yesterday and I deleted it, i did however see room for improvement for myself
>>
>>17384658
That's great OP.
I'm all for you writing what you need to write and reflect on it and how you can improve your life.

With that being said, publishing it, especially to people you care about, is a really bad idea.

You may think you're helping people going through similar things, but the truth is that these things are deeply personal, and it won't benefit much anyone.

On the other hand, the people that care about you will receive a slap to their faces. You'll be stigmatized, and some people will just cut contact with you.

If you need to say that you like this girl then by all means, do it. But don't force this kind of responsibility down her throat.
>>
>>17382434
Make it as general as possible. If she reads it, at most she should only be left with the suspicion. Don't in any way identify her. If a lot of people read it and know you're talking about her, she could feel called out on, and it could hit back at you in a bad way.

I'd advice against it though. Talking from experience, I'm glad I never publicly talked about my romantic mess.
>>
>>17384658
Then you got what you really needed. Congratulations.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.