[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1466253198685.jpg (53KB, 524x497px) Image search: [Google]
1466253198685.jpg
53KB, 524x497px
i'm madly into music and a couple of years ago i started producing my own stuff as , but right now i'm having a huge bout of self-doubt and insecurity on whether this is what i really want.

basically, the reason why I started writing music in the first place is because a mate was doing it too, and I guess I wanted to prove I was equally capable.

so, how can i know if my interest in this hobby is authentic or just a byproduct of jealousy, i understand how dumb this sounds, but i need some advice.
>>
Ask yourself, "is this what I want to be doing with my life?"

that's it. If you like it and are good at it, don't worry about "authenticity'. Your reasons for the initial interest don't really matter. Mozart only got into music because his dad thought he could make a quick buck off of a child star, but it was still his life's passion
>>
>>17381878
that's the problem, sort of, i'm continuously drawn to music but my work honestly sucks and it's putting me off, i'm afraid of being the next viper the rapper, I kinda feel like I wasn't meant for music, because I have no formal musical education and mostly do things by intuition.
>>
>>17381895
Well, if you're constantly working to improve and are realistic about your abilities and goals, I don't think there's much danger in pursuing it as a hobby. Viper's deal is that he's either an advanced troll or hilariously un-self-aware, something which you don't seem to be in danger of. Plus ya'll niggas ain't even smoke crack is a fuckin banger yo

Also, it's never too late to pursue education, and plenty of non-formally educated musicians made great music.

Pursue an interest because it makes you happy, and success will likely follow. And, even if it doesn't, you'll have spent your time doing something you love, which is admirable in and of itself
>>
>>17381949
like coil said, persistence is all, right? i really want to make it and realistically i'll never be the next skrillex or whoever but that wasn't my goal to begin with, I was always more into oddball or slightly obscure stuff, I understand thats vain in its own regard but I always liked fucking about and experimenting except that I believe most contemporary electronic experimental artists are pretentious and unexciting snobs, I always thought experimental music should work on creating fresh new pleasing melodies and pushing the envelope in terms of how good or bad music can make us feel, not repeating the same old 8deep64u that was unimpressive half a century ago. sorry if I went on a bit of a rant, just feel the need to release all this stuff from my system.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.