[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I text/call my dad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (71KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 655x527px
I haven't seen him in about 3 years now. I'm 23. The last time we spoke was when he got me a job working at an electrical company and I quit it due to other reasons that would be a whole other story. Our relationship has never been good. My parents divorced when I was very young, and some of the best memories I have is being 6-7-8-9-10 and being with my dad. But things went real sour when I turned 11 and decided to move in up with my mom. From there I'd see him maybe once a month or so for a day. I miss him so much but I sincerely know (trust me, I know) that he's horribly disappointed and hurt by me and he might have given up on me completely. I'm sure the answer will be "yes call him" but what should I say to him? And how do I go about reconnecting with him?
>>
Only you know your dad and how he'll respond. That being said, I don't think you have anything to lose by just contacting him and letting him know how you feel. I would think even if he is hurt by you, he probably still loves you and would be glad to reconnect. If he has given up on you, well maybe that's not a person you need in your life anyway. But you won't know until you take the first move.

Who knows, he might be feeling the same way. Wanting to reach out to you but apprehensive because he thinks he let you down as a father, and not sure if you'd be receptive.
>>
tl;dr it depends, but don't feel like you have to

Why would you want to get in touch with someone who (it sounds like) was terribly irresponsible with raising his kid?

I know there is a whole school of thought "blood thicker than water" and "[insert atrocity]. but they're your parents!" To that I say bullshit. To that I say I am an intelligent creature and, as such, know when I have been wronged.

To go back to a relationship where the other party has taken no responsibility for their part (they were the adult after all), not apologized, not even recognized something was wrong, shows more that something is wrong with you than with them.

They fucked with you and got away with it. Good for them. You protect yourself by making sure it doesn't happen again, and the easiest and most efficient way to do that is to stay the fuck away.

I got back in touch with one parent after many years. I gave it to him with both barrels. I told him just exactly what I felt, how it effected me, what became of my life as a result, and the exact blame that I place at his door. He took it very well, heard me out entirely, and even said if there was anything else that came up make sure he knew. He said he was sorry, and that although it was no excuse, drinking vodka by the tumbler full had something to do with a diminished ability to make any decent decisions.

A period of time later after a medical emergency I was given the option to tell my mother. I still regret having done that.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.