[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this standard social anxiety or extreme paranoia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Stourhead_garden.jpg (473KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Stourhead_garden.jpg
473KB, 1536x1024px
I have extremely low self esteem and I'm extremely paranoid. I actually progressively become more uncomfortable with people as time because of my paranoia. Psych told me that exposure therapy is used to treat anxiety but I don't feel that is applicable to me.

At first I alienate them due to avoiding them because I think I'm a worthless person who automatically repels people so I try to stay out of their way, but they interpret this as me implying that I think they're worthless or lepers and that I'm better than them.

I don't reciprocate friendliness or conversations/banter because I think people are talking down to me, or are otherwise fucking around with me and playing a game which reminds me of how much of an inferior person I am , or I feel like I'm under attack.

In many cases I will interpret friendly overtures as condescension or outright hostility depending on the person and the vibes I get off them. Not always but a very large percentage of the time.

With time people get uncomfortable and sometimes hostile towards me, and this only fuels my paranoia even more by validating my original beliefs about their malicious intents, so I end up in a spiral of escalating tensions between me and other people that cause me to freak out and feel persecuted. People in turn view me as a weirdo or like I'm up to no good/shifty so they genuinely do start persecuting or harassing me.

Exposure therapy in this case doesn't work. How abnormal is this and is there a way to make these kinds of thoughts go away?
>>
No one in this world cares about you enough to hate you or mess with you. Bullying stops at after high school because people just find better things to do. It's all in your head man.
>>
>>17371935

I swear that's pretty normal. You just have bad anxiety.

Personal experience, the best ways to handle that:

>surround yourself with positive people

I can't stress enough how important that is. Positive reinforcement that you're fine when you're freaking out really helps.

>calming routine
>self motivation

YOU. ALSO. HAVE. TO. WORK. ON. IT. You need to make an effort to get into a routine of calming yourself down when you're feeling anxious by keeping in mind that nothing is wrong with you and things will be fine.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.