[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I've been suffering from depression, PTSD, and bipolar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hello

I've been suffering from depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder for a few years now. With depression, you start to think negatively of yourself and doubt a lot. One of the things that bothers me the most is my intelligence.

I feel like I'm a total moron. I have a small circle of 3 friends and 2 of them are in engineering and the other is training to be an air force pilot (he is probably the smartest person I know personally). The problem is that because of them, I feel like being good at math = high IQ, and I don't see why it wouldn't be the case. I had a bad experience with math in elementary (I had a teacher who made me hate it so I started ignoring it) and I guess it fucked up my learning foundation.

I have always been an awful student. I never did my homework and never studied for tests because I would rather play video games or something. Because of this, I don't know my "true potential".

Is this normal thinking behavior for someone with depression? Am I just overthinking?
>>
>>17371906
First and foremost, have you been properly diagnosed?

Second, yes. You sound young and id suggest that you try to see why your self esteem is so low. Diet? Lifestyle? If you are on here I would say to leave the house and pick up a hobby which is good for you like running.
>>
>>17371906

I went through the same thing, I basically missed one math class in high school during math and it fucked my foundation forever. I just hated math ever since. I only played video games to pass the time, sure they were fun but I always felt like I was biding my time?

Anyway, met a great guy, we dated, he left me. Why? He said I had no ambition. Even though I was doing the best in my department at the time in Anthropology, it didn't help. I felt stupid, for doing something I liked, because it was easy and I was very comfortable.

Now I'm doing an engineering program, with a ton of math, physics and chemistry classes. I would have said around the break up that I was doing it for him because I was.

Now I do it for me, and I'm glad I stepped up to the challenge because I couldn't go back to doing what I did before.

Anyway, tl;dr you can either step up to the challenge and pursue something difficult so no one can make you feel inferior to them but there'll always be someone smarter than you or in a higher position than you that will very well make you feel inferior.

So you need to do what fulfills your needs at the current time and don't look back.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.