[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop caring about global events? I don't mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1468102616555.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1468102616555.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
How do I stop caring about global events?

I don't mean smoke a joint and lose my mind, I mean, keeping an informed view on things and well aware without getting worried or feeling prejudiced.

For example
>Immigration crisis in Europe
>Culture deteriorating
>X is terrible, Y is great

While all of them have a small semblance of genuine concern, particularly the first and recent attacks in Europe, I am becoming very paranoid and obsessive over it.

A few visits to /pol/ didn't help and even though I only briefly visited it, its begun to make me hyper cynical and discriminatory. For example gov is out to get us/SJW ruining everything. The rational side of me knows this isn't the case but I feel like I've become obsessed now trying to rationalize this.

How do I break from this mindset?
>>
> few visits to /pol/
First of all don't do that unless you're already past the point of caring about outcomes.

Second of all, this is the same dilemma people have when they first realize what worldwide suffering is. They feel compelled to fix it because we've all been raising to take care of our immediate neighbors.

But you can't. Even if you were the president of a country you couldn't. So just kick back, throw your vote out occasionally, and laugh the rest of the time because ultimately you have no power in the situation and it wouldn't matter if you did.
>>
>>17369491
Alright, I'll try to move toward that mindset. Its hard though, especially if what I think is the right view in how things are functioning but acknowledging that I can't do anything about it, despite that being the case, is difficult to process.

>First of all don't do that unless you're already past the point of caring about outcomes.

How do you mean?

And thanks anon.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.