[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignorant and Worldly Illiterate Girls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 1467747074068.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467747074068.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
I'm talking to a few girls at the moment and as the coup in turkey was happening i asked them all about options ect, well it turns out that 3/5 of them responded with "why should i care/why does it matter" and one even blocked me shortly when i asked her why on a different platform she said "Because i dont care"

WTF. I swear these ppl wouldn't blink an eye if they saw 9/11 happen right in front of them.

Is this normal? the other two girls had a short yet uninteresting convo about it but seriously, why are ppl so out of touch with reality.

>pic is what i need right now, a lifeguard to pull me from this madness
>>
Did you happen to ask them on Tinder? Because why the fuck would you use that as a conversation topic on fucking Tinder?
>>
Nah man ive been talking to each of them at least a few weeks some even months. And yeh im well aware that that isnt a topic for tinder
>>
There's a lot of short sighted people who don't care. You could've just landed with a bad batch though,
>>
>>17361994
Maybe you are just a drama queen to them and they don't care because it will not affect them unless well you live in or next to turkey.

Do you honestly think everyone has to give a fuck about this. Also bonus points for being a creeper if you are turkish yourself.
>>
>>17362013
Perhaps, but even with guys i find many ppl to be compleatly disinterested in whats happening in the world. 1/5 of guys and 1/2 of girls from my experience.
>>
>>17361994
A lot of people aren't interested in world events. Both males and females.
I stayed up all night to watch the news (for two days in a row because I did so for Nice attacks, too).
Surely there are more guys interested in this kind of topic, but there are a lot of girls who like talking about politics and world news, too.
>>
It's pretty common for people to not give a fuck about things they don't think affect them. It's why aside from mostly lip service people in the USA haven't really given a fuck that this country was at war for over a decade. A lot of people don't even give a fuck about things that directly affect them if they seem complicated or too far removed from their ability to immediately influence them.

If you want to talk about it, well that's one thing. If your goal is to find a partner who gives a fuck about what happens in the world and acts to try to make it a better place, that's great. You can easily filter out people based on their indifference.

But if you just want to be all "hey, look how informed and concerned I am about it" and use this as something you can shove someone's face to imply they're bad people, what the fuck. That's just being a dick, and it's not helpful to anyone.
>>
>>17362037
>"hey, look how informed and concerned I am about it"
not rly desu i come at it from an angle as if im talking about a tv show.
>I legit Said this "Hey did you hear about the military coup in turkey, its a damn messy affair"
>Then got proptly blocked by the one girl and the other two responded with "i dont care/why are you telling me this"
And even then its rarely about the event itself but the politics behind it.
Again its just a case of wanting to have someone to talk to that isnt stuck inside a bubble. Aka:
>ppl that wouldn't blink an eye if they saw 9/11 happen right in front of them
but are actually able to have a decent conversation about real world events.
>>
File: 1467257666443.jpg (1MB, 1280x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1467257666443.jpg
1MB, 1280x1912px
bump, with a cute girl for interest
>>
I don't think being uninterested in this particular event makes anyone, as you put it, "ignorant" and "illiterate". Maybe you're just annoyed in the way they brushed you aside?
I admit i'm biased a bit but just curious, i'm not interested in politics mainly because all the hype in the media makes finding proper information about anything related to the topic just not worth it for me.
>>
Worrying about things that do not effect you is pretty dumb and a waste of mental resources.

The fact that they didn't want to have that conversation has no connection to their level of education.

Ignoring the news will make anybody happier and less anxious.

If you really want to sit on a high horse, actually take action and make a change in the world.
>>
>>17362117
>this particular event
This one just put me over the edge, so yes its compounded due to the way it was just blatently ignrored.

>Politics, economics, societal trends
All i want is a chick i can have reasonably intellectual conversations about these things and then fuck after to make ourselfs feel happy. why be this so hard
>>
File: 1468663049618.png (991KB, 1030x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1468663049618.png
991KB, 1030x1192px
>>17361994
Ok, so here the burning question: 3/5 reacted badly, but did either of the other 2 reply with "TURKROACHES BTFO PRAISE BE TO KEK, HIS MEME MAGIC WILLED IN TO EXISTENCE BY COMFY REPEATING NUMBERS"? If they did, you should marry them, or if that's too much you can prep me and I'll satisfy them for you.
>>
Sounds like more of a case of OP being a asshole and getting ignored than people not caring about current events.
>>
>>17362130
>Ignoring the news will make anybody happier and less anxious.
This is also how dictatorships are formed and mass genocides are gotten away with.

Not saying you have to watch the news religiously but god damn at least have an opinion
>>
>>17362134
> reasonably intellectual conversation
> The politics behind it
Calm your tits man.
>>
>>17362136
> "Hey did you hear about the military coup in turkey, its a damn messy affair"
Yes im such an asshole. Your right of course anon.
>>
>>17362143
>wow
>such talk
>much messy
>so intellectual
>>
>>17362137
An individual watching the news, which may or may not be true, doesn't stop genocides does it?

People who take action stop genocides. If you're not going to action, don't act all high and mighty.

Your opinions and what you believe doesn't change reality.

In reality you are as passive and irresponsible as everyone else.
>>
>>17362150
Im complaining that they don't care. Not that they don't take action. I'm not even acting high and mighty, i'm just concerned that people would not care about the things happening in the world. This is a major country being thrust into civil war. And they didnt even know or care that it happened.
>>
>>17362150
>doesn't stop genocides
Imagine ppl heard about the holocaust after WW2 and just said "Why are you telling me this/I don't care/Its not important"
>>
>>17362150
I hate this bucket of crabs mentality. No, nobody is helped by you watching news, but it does show a level of engagement that someone who doesn't want to be informed does not.

What is your reasoning here, that either you are a world saving activist or you're an ignorant sheep? It might not say anything about the outcome of these events, but it does say something about what captures your interest.
>>
I totally know how you feel, in my family science and politics are the major topics when ever we get together and so i looked for a likely minded GF for me.
and a lot of lower to midle class people really dont care a bit for that. They can see aspects and take the interpretations of others, but they cannot see the bigger picture. With them propaganda works.

I will tell you what everybody here has read already: it's a numbers game.
I have probably looked through a few thousand online dating profiles on different platforms in my time and stumbled over maybe 50 people I would had been interested in, 30 of those disqualified because of other reasons, 10 of those didnt reply with 3 of those I went on dates and 2 of those have gotten my GFs over time.

You cant change them and you will see, that they are a complete turnoff for you, so dont get any of those pregnant. There are a lot of politically interested girls in politics.
>>
>>17362143
It's not that it's this thread.

Besides I don't think that is all there is to it anyhow.
>>
I met a really hot girl in a bar a few weeks ago who started talking my ear off about politics and US foreign policy, to the point where I excused myself and walked away. So don't worry, they're out there. You just gotta find them.
>>
>>17362179
Yes and i was hoping to converse about the implications, the reasons why it happened, speculation, ect ect, to just talk about the event. But no they didnt even know it happened. And its that ignorance that infuriates me.
>>
>>17362184
I don't think you get what I'm saying.

You seem very obnoxious which is why people chose to block you instead of replying.
>>
>>17362191
>You seem very obnoxious
Please do tell me how this is the case. Im aware that since im a wee bit pissed off atm it might not help, but please do say.
>>
>>17362157
>I'm complaining that they don't care. Not that they don't take action.
that's why you're a disgusting hypocrite
>I'm not even acting high and mighty, i'm just concerned that people would not care about the things happening in the world.
lie all you want, you're not fooling anybody
>This is a major country being thrust into civil war.
major is an awful strong word to describe turkey and civil war is a straight up inaccurate term to use for what's happening
>And they didnt even know or care that it happened.
nobody wanted to talk to you about it on facebook or whatever
>>
>>17362196
You also have poor reading comprehension
>>
File: 1463510789734.gif (132KB, 144x108px) Image search: [Google]
1463510789734.gif
132KB, 144x108px
>>17361994
It's ok OP. I know the feeling. I love world events and many guys/girls don't. Regardless it's better to be informed than be some stupid idiot who hasn't got a clue.
>>
>>17362178
>With them propaganda works
I have bad news for you, son. It would work on you too. Believing yourself immune means that most of the job is done for them
>>
>>17362202
Your missing a comma, thats why i got confused.

>It's not that it's this thread.

>It's not that, it's this thread.
>>
>>17362196
see
>>17362209
>>
>>17362198
Excuse me of course you know what Ive done in my own life.Hypocrite? How?

Yes but "at the time" there was talk of it maybe coming down to a civil war. Now of course we know otherwise.
>>
>>17362211
Oh fuck of, you come on here calling me an asshole for having a legitimate complaint and dont expect me to treat you like a winy 5 year old?
>>
>>17362217
I'm calling you an asshole because you clearly are one.
It's very obvious if you actually look at the thread.

You being asshole is also the solution to your problem, which is why I'm telling it to you.
>>
>>17362219
Please show/tell me, im stupid and cant see it. :)
Your acting like one of those "its the current year" people right now mate, its not a good look.
>>
>>17362222
see
>>17362222

Or pretty much any other post you have made.
It's not even difficult to see.
>>
>>17362225
See >>17362202
See >>17362191
See >>17362136
Its pretty clear your an asshole, It's not even difficult to see.

Hate to do it but "Not an Argument"
>>
>>17362228
What does me being an asshole have to do with you being blocked because you are an asshole?

See this is exactly why you are an asshole.
>>
>>17362229
Im saying that just claiming i am something because of something that your not willing to point out makes no sence. Also considering ive been talking to them pretty much non stop for weeks beforehand every day/second day i couldn't have been such a dick hey?

"Your wrong because, look your being wrong up there, i cant show where or how though"
>>
>>17362233
??

I did show you. Again you also have poor reading comprehension.
>>
>>17362234
Where. You link two posts where im already pissed at you. But i was asking for posts before the original accusation.
>>
>>17362239
I hope you aren't serious
>>
>>17362241
This is what youve posed so far, as far as i can tell.

Sounds like more of a case of OP being a asshole and getting ignored than people not caring about current events.

It's not that it's this thread.

Besides I don't think that is all there is to it anyhow.

I don't think you get what I'm saying.

You seem very obnoxious which is why people chose to block you instead of replying.

see
>>17362209 (You)

I'm calling you an asshole because you clearly are one.
It's very obvious if you actually look at the thread.

You being asshole is also the solution to your problem, which is why I'm telling it to you.

see
>>17362222 (You)

Or pretty much any other post you have made.
It's not even difficult to see.

>All these are after my original post, you cant just say an entire thread is proof of smth without pointing it out.
>>
>>17362247
It just keeps getting better holy shit lmao
>>
>>17361994
Age might be relevant here. Yes, it would be desirable for young people of either gender to be more concerned about world affairs. But be realistic - just how much is an aborted coup in Turkey going to affect the day-to-day life of a cushioned American teenager? So while you can bemoan their lack of interest, you do have to understand and perhaps forgive it a bit.
>>
>>17361994
Let's be honest, did you really expect anything else from girls?
>>
>>17362254
I simply find it concerning that they didn't even want to know of its existence.

>>17362252
I dont even care anymore, your not gonna try to prove your point anyway.
>>
>>17362260
You obviously care a lot and I have very much proven my point already.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.