[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you be a cool loner? How do you do so?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: xwwskrfpks.jpg (16KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
xwwskrfpks.jpg
16KB, 636x477px
Can you be a cool loner?
How do you do so?
>>
>>17356927

depends on your definition of 'cool'
>>
>>17356927
only if you or someone thinks it's "cool"
>>
>>17356936
You can be a cool person with the facade of a loner but you can't be a cool loner.
>>
>>17356927
a true loner doesn't care about people thinking he is cool.

im a loner, and i dont think i interact with enough people on a regular basis for them to even form an opinion about me, let alone think im "cool".
>>
>>17356968

>i think im cool*

fixed.
>>
>>17356927
No you can't.

Being cool usually means others accept you as that. If you're alone, who the fuck is going to think you're cool?

But I mean you're posting anime, so by default you're a fucking loser and most likely a virgin
>>
>>17356972
no, im pretty sure im a loser, and i hate myself.
>>
>>17356982

>i have to tell people i hate myself in order to keep up this 'cool loner facade'*

fix'd.
>>
I'm a loner with a non-loner type of job.

Everyone always thinks I'm cool, and invites me to do shit. But, I'm such a loner I just go home after work and play video games instead of party.

Eventually they stop coming by to see me.
>>
>>17356999
yup, you've figured me out, anon.
>>
I'm a loner and I'm pretty cold.

All of the arguments are invalid.
>>
>>17356981
jeezus lighten up lol. but yes its the anime thing, the lone wolf, the dude who prolly knows more.

no, i wish it was a thing
>>
>>17356927
Of course you can, but those people don't care about it or even have the concenpt in their minds.
>>
>>17357023
Fuck, I did not have this concept till this thread appeared.

Now I'm uncool, thanks /adv/.
>>
>>17357025
u dropped your fedora
>>
>>17357025
>misinterpreting things for the sake of it
>>
>>17356927
I think someone who's good at something interresting and doesn't act arrogant and smug about it, is pretty cool. Also other things help, not being clumsy, not being ugly, being smart as example.

So ye, you can be cool when you're a loner, mayb even easier than being a cool social person if you take my definition of cool.
>>
>>17357021
>the dude who thinks he knows more.

The sooner you realize you're a retard, the better off you'll be
>>
you have to be wolverine if your not wolverine you're doing it wrong
>>
File: 1454659364879.jpg (216KB, 902x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1454659364879.jpg
216KB, 902x1052px
>>17356927
I don't think those go hand in hand.

I'm a loner, but it's by choice. I get invited to shit but I have such a low social need that I only go out with people once a week at most. I'll politely decline invitations to things, but I understand that people will eventually take that as I just don't want to spend time with them. That cuts ties to people because they get tired of hearing "no" all the time, which is understandable. People don't think I'm a bastard. But I definitely don't think that .makes me "cool" nor do I really worry about whether or not people think I'm "cool".

I still make people laugh the same, people seem to like being around me, but they just don't invite me to things anymore, which is fine.

Pretty much though, people aren't going to think the guy that prefers his alone time over spending time with others is cool. They might not necessarily think you're a loser, but they're not gonna say "Oh wow, that guy prefers to spend time by himself a majority of the time, he's so mysterious and cool."
>>
File: 2d4.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
12KB, 560x407px
I think it's as some anon mentioned. If you're a loner, no one really knows you, so they don't have an actual opinion about you, or any strong ones at that.

You'd probably have to be very extroverted and somehow manage to give off the loner vibe at the same time. But that wouldn't make you a loner, would it? Being extroverted is probably your only way of being considered cool because people have to get it directly from you that you got status.

>>17357076
>I think someone who's good at something interresting and doesn't act arrogant and smug about it, is pretty cool

but if you're a loner no one will really know about those good, interesting qualities of yours. I wasn't a loner in high school, but I sure as hell wasn't outspoken or popular.
Point is I played since then the guitr, bit of piano, was learning japanese and was actually interested in literature. But no one knew a thing, except that I draw pretty good.

I came off as very normal and boring, and I still do in college, maybe even worse, because I haven't managed to make friends here.
>>
>>17357209
>You'd probably have to be very extroverted and somehow manage to give off the loner vibe at the same time. But that wouldn't make you a loner, would it?

Basically. You can't be a cool loner.
>>
>>17357144
>I have such a low social need I only go out once a week at most
Posts here blow my mind
>>
>>17357763
I don't quite know what you mean, but it does seem pretty high for a "loner" anon. I'm lucky if I go out 3 times a year.
>>
>>17357763
I'm the same way, a lot of people are. What's the issue?
>>
>>17357810
You're a loner by normal standards.

But you're a party animal by loners' standards.
>>
>>17357824
I think you misunderstand what "going out" means
>>
>>17356927
To be a cool loner you must primarily be a loner, which means you don't care about others or what they think, which means you don't care about being cool.
>>
I've never met or seen a "cool" loner in my life. Just go out and have fun op. Being alone isn't cool.
>>
>>17357858
How do YOU define going out?
>>
>>17357893
Stepping outside the bounds of my home. Going for a walk. It doesn't necessarily mean going out to meet with people. It's good to stretch your legs every now and then.
>>
you can be cool with loner qualities. but these people still have friends, and lots of them

so no. for example eating lunch by yourself when everyone else is eating with friends is not cool and is one of the most uncool things you can do
>>
>>17356927

By giving a shit whether other people think if you are cool or not.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.