[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good excuse to explain to employers why I had long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1427229521615.jpg (39KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
1427229521615.jpg
39KB, 500x542px
What's a good excuse to explain to employers why I had long absence from employment?
>>
What's the true reason?
>>
>>17353610
Say that you've traveled the world or something.
>>
>>17353610

world travel

taking care of a relative full time (They're better now, or maybe they died) etc.
>>
>>17353610
Also interested in this.
I guess you can say you did charity work.
>>
>>17353610

Is the truth not an option?
>>
You were taking care of a sick family member.
You had a baby and have been taking care of it.

Why have you been out of work?
>>
>>17353622
Most places will want to see proof of volunteer work in a resume.
Also if you use the taking care of a relative excuse, they might want to know the relative's information and if you were getting paid.
>>
>>17353627
>>17353614
I applied to everything but I can't even get an interview
>>
>>17353641
Same here. Maybe our resumés suck.
>>
>>17353641
I had the same problem. For months I applied online, getting an interview here and there, but not getting hired. It wasn't until I just decided to ask my bf to drop me off where a lot of fast food and businesses were and walked to each one in person. I got hired at a disgusting wing stop that same day because I guess they saw how desperate I was.
I had a gap in my work history too so I used college, cleaning family members' houses and went house to house to clean yards as reasons.
>>
>>17353641
How fucking long have you been applying for jobs you don't get that you now have a gap big enough to need explaining?
>>
Depends a lot on the situation. I had a one year NEET period and I told my interviewer that I used it to study programming. Truth is that it was out of laziness, but I did study a little java (one hour a day for like a month or something like that) so it wasn't entirely a lie.

So here are some pointers:
>find something that's not a complete lie. They can usually tel if you're bullshiting them. They probably heard the "I took care of my sick mother" 5 times this month already.
>if possible, find something that suggests you have some interest in the field you're trying to get a job. I was applying for a java development internship so you can see how that was relevant.
>if nothing else make sure your excuse doesn't imply that you're a lazy or fickle person. The main concern they have when asking this question is so that you won't decide this work is not for you and quit 2 weeks after they hire you. Be sure not to confirm this concern.
>>
>>17353669
Not him, but I bummed off my girlfriend's rich parents for three years before we broke up. I regret nothing. I would've just been working the same shitty jobs I'm applying for now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.