[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I suddenly have a desire to try smoking? I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (189KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 750x1334px
Why do I suddenly have a desire to try smoking? I've never really wanted to smoke before and have always realized how dumb and pointless it is, going so far as to turn down offers from friends who smoke more than once. Even if I acknowledge that it's super aesthetically pleasing, that never seemed close to worth it.

So why'd I buy this tonight?

Disclaimer: I'm 18
>>
>>17351870
Try one. You won't get addicted to a single cigarette, unless you have absolutely no will power.
>>
It looks cool
It makes you feel cool
There's an inherent pleasure to deep exhalation, and smoking is just a habit that includes that

You bought stubbs. First of all, manly choice. Second of all, good choice.
Smoke two or three of those as your first and you won't want tobacco any further. You're gunna get tobacco flakes all over your mouth and it's gunna burn like hell.
Don't start. Everybody says that, even current and ex-smokers. There's a good fucking reason. I don't even smoke that much anymore and I still hate the fact I end up wasting $5 every week or so on a pack that I don't even like.
It's wasteful, it smells bad to most people, it stains yours teeth, blah blah fucking de blah.

Go ahead and have a few just to say you did, but don't make a habit. If you don't like your first two or three, throw the pack out and just be done with it. The chic doesn't last long.
P.S. Drunk smoking is perfectly fine, nicotine and alcohol bond chemically in a way that makes people crave it. Just don't do it regularly or socially. Everybody drunk smokes/
>>
DON"T SMOKE!

Sorry if I come off autistic but seriously don't. I work at a gas station part time in college and the amount of people telling me how shit they feel, how fucked up their health is and how they can't quit is enormous. I am always having old guys saying "don't start or else you will end up like me." Plus it is expensive as fuck. Two packs can be 25 bucks and above.

You like your health right? Well the moment you start smoking that will go down the drain and your health bill will be up. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>17351924
>Two packs can be 25 bucks and above.
u wot
>>
>>17351912
I'm digesting all that you're saying and probably won't do anything one way or another until the intense curiosity dies down.
If I do decide to try, how exactly do I smoke these? I know they're older and it's a soft pack, so isn't there some tapping involved?
>>
>>17351933

I live in Canada and so some packs are like 14 bucks+ man, shit isn't a cheap habit.
>>
>>17351870
Don't, I've been smoking for two years, yeah it'll make you relieve stress and whatever. It's really hard to quit and I went from smoking one a week to now smoking 4-5 a day, but if I'm really stressed out like studying for an exam, I'll smoke half a pack in a day. It really fucks your lungs up and all you'll think about is smoking.

But, if you are going to do it anyways, go for it, I personally like american spirits light blue just because I don't like the chemical taste of most cigarettes. You'll get lightheaded and feel a little sick. Just drink some water.
>>
>>17351870
Smoking never interested me.
I want to become an alcoholic or stoner though, I don't really care about my life anymore.
>>
>>17351963
you tried parliaments?
>>
File: Kek 4.04.02 PM.png (38KB, 239x178px) Image search: [Google]
Kek 4.04.02 PM.png
38KB, 239x178px
We have someone who wants to smoke in 2016.....after all the statistics saying how smoking increases risk of heart disease, lung disease, having a stroke and cancer. But no no fuck the health experts and people saying don't do it, OP is curious.

I hope you choke and die on your cancer stick, one less stinky loser having to go outside for a smoke break.
>>
>>17351968
be a stoner; at least you'll remember the crazy shit you'll do
>>
>>17351963
>all you'll think about is smoking
That depends entirely on the person
I've been smoking for 3 years and I rarely think about smoking unless I actually have time to smoke
That means during school/work if I don't have time, no ciggies on my mind
It also doesn't fuck up your health super-bad unless you're a couch potato
>>
>>17351971
>smoking increases risk of heart disease, lung disease, having a stroke and cancer

So does eating and breathing in the air near vehicles
>>
>>17351996
>hurr
>>
>>17351870

Marlboro Reds, my man.

No but really, don't. Like one of the posts above me said, better off smoking when you're drinking. It's a disgusting and (depending where you live) expensive habit.

So unless you want to intentionally slowly kill yourself, I'd avoid it. Just 420 or vape in private if you have to.
>>
>>17351971
None of that sounds a lot like advice.
>>
>>17352022

It isn't advice, it is a reality check for your dumbass to not make a bad decision that could ruin your life.

By all means do it and see where it takes you. I bet you will be kicking yourself when you look back.
>>
>>17351944
>tapping
If it's american, use. That's called "packing". It packs the loose tobacco in the cigarrettes down. It's really optional.

As far as smoking a stub: You're gunna wanna breathe in through your teeth to catch the flakes, or else very loosely hold it between your lips.
You're also gunna end up with a nub that too hot to hold and smoke, so you'll end up tossing part of the cigarette itself.

>>17351958
Stop living in a hellhole.
>>
>>17351971
t. Man who just got home with a bag of mcdonalds
>>
>>17351870
Try it if you must. You already know all the things that are shitty about it.

As an old man who had a similar strong curiosity when I was eighteen, back in the 1990s, when there were still places one could smoke indoors in every US state, and it was marginally more common, who became a massive, smelly addict by my early 20s, smoked more than a pack a day by the time I was 25, and spent the next ten years trying and failing to quit, hating myself, and wishing I'd never started, I assure you that all the shitty things are absolutely true. It makes you smell bad, feel bad, look dumb, and increasingly, look trashy rather than cool. Most of the positive things people associate with it--stress relief, relaxation, enjoyable breaks in the day, etc.--are just indicative of relieving the symptoms of smoking-induced withdrawal.

Starting to smoke was the dumbest thing I ever did, I'm glad I quit, and I sincerely regret ever starting.

But who knows? Maybe you'll hate it. Maybe you'll enjoy it and never get addicted, keeping your habit moderate or occasional forever. Good luck. But you'll still smell from ten feet away and have to go outside in the cold.
>>
smoking makes you lose weight, it actually helps with your hunger, that's why people who smoke are skinny
>>
dont smoke i was about your age when i started smoking because i thought its edgy
now i cant quit even if you decided to smoke never carry a packet just borrow from friends
>>
I just want to say that spitless tobacco is amazing. General Snus.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.